“Phenomenal food !”

Monterey Bay Fish Grotto
Reserve with OpenTable
Monterey Bay Fish Grotto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 2,204 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Sweetbriar Street
Description: Thank you for considering Monterey Bay Fish Grotto for your affair. This award-winning restaurant has always taken pride in its level of standards and excellence. These exceptional standards are reflected in the mouth-watering fresh fish and impeccable service. Guests have come to expect this level of quality in every aspect of the main dining room as well as the private dining room. Monterey Bay Fish Grotto's fish is fresh and flown in from a number of locations on the East Coast, West Coast and Hawaiian Islands. For this reason we are the regions Premier Fresh Fish Restaurant offering 20 kinds of fresh fish in an array of original, delicious styles.
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

We just finished our Valentine's Day dinner at Monterey Bay Fish Grotto on Mt Washington. Beautiful view of Pittsburgh at night.
Our sampler appetizer with a lump crab cake, shrimp and fish skewer was absolutely delicious . The crab cake was mostly large pieces of lump crab meat with very little filler. We had the mushroom bisque with lobster and creme fraiche. The bisque was delicious and rich. I ordered the scallop and shrimp broquette entree.The scallops and shrimp were tender and served with mushrooms, zucchini and yellow squash. My husband and I shared a side dish of stirred fried rice with shrimp. It was so delicious. My husband enjoyed his oriental shrimp entree. Both entrees were generous in size. For dessert we had carrot cake with caramel ice cream. A nice touch was Happy Valentine's Day written on the dessert plate in chocolate. Our server , Georgia, was very kind and helpful with suggestions . She never made us feel rushed and she was very polite. We truly enjoyed our dining experience from beginning to end. I recommend this restaurant for a fantastic evening out.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

been there several times. food always great, service good. Also went for a rehersal dinner there, everything was wonderful. Must Love Seafood.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We were invited to a going away party, our menu was limited to a small number of meals but everyone seemed to find something they loved! Appetizers were not on the menu yet we were served a mixed platter of different bites that all enjoyed. The deserts were served the same way and we each sampled several bites. The service was wonderful for our group (over 30) and the atmosphere is to die for! Great place for a special occasion!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Absolutely love this restaurant! The view of downtown Pittsburgh is stunning! My favorite dish is the bronzini with the kalamata olives. Monterey Bay Fish Grotto is an excellent choice for special dinners.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My fiance and I went there for my birthday, and I must say the service was amazing, and the view was even better. We have a couple appetizers, and we were extremely excited about the food. Unfortunately, we were a bit too adventurous, and we're a touch disappointed with the food. I was especially disappointed with the fact that they had no Lobster on the menu...when asked, it was out of season, which didn't make a whole bunch of sense to me considering they have fresh fish flown in...So if you want lobster, make sure it's in season. Other than that, the atmousphere and service was great, which allowed us to still have a fabulous time....and that's why it got 4 stars