“Uh, It's The Steak...”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Third Avenue & Market Street
Reviewed January 12, 2014

...AND the potatoes lyonnaise that makes it that little extra special.
So buttery, the potatoes remind me of my grandfather's home fries.
The wait staff was attentive and the other side dishes were very well prepared, as was the dessert.
(Remember, I'm a foodie and dessert almost always finishes my meal : )

Reviewed January 9, 2014

My wife and I went for our anniversary dinner. We had been there once before 24 years ago. Went to the bar to wait for our table, my wife had a Duquesne Champaign and I had a Ruth's Sazerac. Both were great. Dinner consisted of a filet for my wife and the surf and turf for me, 2 cold water lobster tails and a 12 oz ribeye. Both were excellent, perfectly cooked, and melt in your mouth tender. If you are a beef eater, you should go at least once in your life. We had a wonderful experience, enjoyed ourselves immensely. Hopefully it will not be another 24 years before we go back.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I took my sister and niece and nephew for lunch, specifically for the steak burger. After we all ordered the burger special, we were informed that the restaurant was out of burgers. After considering leaving to go elsewhere, we were told that it was actually the kaiser roll that the kitchen was out of vs. the burger. Therefore no sandwiches were available only the meat on a plate. My sister and I were ok with this but the kids wanted a sandwich so decided to have salads. I don't understand why an effort wash't made to get some bread or rolls elsewhere...we were in the Market district area of the city! The burger was excellent but the salads were very uninspired. They also gave us the wrong fries and did not prepare salad as requested. The $11 glass of house red was the capper of poor customer service and overinflated prices. Our server was excellent, but I doubt we will return or recommend this establishment based on this last experience. A steakhouse with this reputation should have made a better effort or at least comped part of our meal.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I like my steaks moo-ing, and this place hit the nail right on the head! It was cooked just the way I like it and I didn't end up with meat juice all over the plate. I made the reservation for the family dinner, showed up, got seated right away, and everyone left happy. Dessert is also to die for. Yes, it was an expensive meal but sometimes, great steaks and excellent service are worth paying for.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is one of at least four steakhouses in downtown Pittsburgh. There is absolutely nothing special or great about it. The menu has not changed - ever. The food is bland and boring. Yet, it remains one of the most popular places for special dinners and business events. I have eaten here several times and have never enjoyed the experience. The staff is all very knowledgeable and friendly but the food remains uninteresting and tasteless. I recently went and foudn no amount of lemon, salt or pepper could make the salmon edible.

2  Thank Live2traveldaworld