“Good sushi”

Nakama Japanese Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Nakama Japanese Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #294 of 2,178 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Transit: 51A, 51B, 51C, 51D, 51G & 54C
Sala, Västmanlands Län, Sweden
“Good sushi”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Took my girlfriend for lunch here. The sushi here was quite good. My girlfriend absolutley loved the sushi that she got. We also ordered a vegetable sushi roll. It came out in a pink wrapper that was quite unique. I've never seen this type of wrap as a substitute to the usual seaweed.

I also ordered the lettuce wraps when here. I was a little scared since P.F. Changs does these so well. I try, when out at a resteraunt, not order something I know that may not reach my expectations. For example, when in another part of the country I never order a Primanti's like sandwitch. I know that it will not be as good and I will constantly be comparing it to the real deal. But this time, i went against this and ordered them anyways. To my delight, they were better than P.F. Changs ever made them. Get these!!!

• Visited June 2012

Mill Valley, California, United States
“Fun and good sushi”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The bartenders are friendly and fun. Great Bloody Mary. When I'm in Pittsburgh, you'll find me here every Friday night for happy hour.

Visited October 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Best Around”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Of all the Hibachi style restaurants, this one is the BEST! The Key Lime Martinini is delicious - and the light up ice cubes are great for children of all ages!!

Visited September 2012
“Pricey!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This place has good food but can get very pricey and you MAY get what you ordered. The two times I have been there in the past year, they have messed up both of my orders. And they were simple plates so it's not like I could have confused them with my trickery or fancy demands. The food that I did received was good, there is no doubt about that. They also try and pack as many people into super, tiny areas just to get more in the door. One guy at my table ate with his plate in his lap since he was crammed into a corner.

da burgh
“Best Americanized sushi rolls”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

If you are looking for authentic Japanese, I'm not sure this is the right city. If you just want tasty Japanese-inspired food, Nakama is good.

I used to live in big cities where sushi was common and priced well. In Pittsburgh, that is not the case. It just isn't popular, so fantastic fresh, tasty and cheap sushi isn't available anywhere (I have literally tried them all numerous times). But, you can get a tasty, decent expensive sushi here that will hold you until you travel elsewhere.

Nakama has several good sushi chefs. I agree the results are inconsistent but this is Pittsburgh and it's no culinary mecca, just be happy you can get tasty sushi at all.

I have found consistent happiness in the Caterpillar roll and the hanalei roll.

I have to warn you that this particular part of the south side has changed some in the past years. We've encountered some bad elements, like motorcycles racing on the sidewalks (while I was in this restaurant, I could watch it from the window!) and some scary looking police altercations.
I never heard of any problems with guests, though. Just be careful.

Lately I just stick to take out.

We have seen several Steelers eat here, and even ate next to the coach one night.

• Visited August 2012