“Great Bar/Tavern”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Southside Flats
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Wow! Recommended by a local.
Dozens of Beers, Monster Burgers, a Mountain of Nachos, Hugh Unique Menu items. Great loud music. Sports screens everywhere! Two thumbs up! I'd say come hungry, but you'll suffer while looking for parking.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Asked a Taxi driver where to eat on a Sunday night - he dropped us off here and I fully recommend it
We had to wait about 30 minutes - it was very busy with couples, families and friends, but sat in the bar and spent an age deciding on which of the many beers to try
When we were seated, we were given a menu with even more choices that the beer - go for the sandwiches - amazing size and flavors - I went for Steak, Egg and Cheese - talk about comfort food - and the plate full of chips.....

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Being in Pittsburgh for only a couple of days, I was limited to only a couple meals at restaurants. I am SO happy that Fat heads was one of my stops. The staff is very helpful and friendly. It is pretty busy, we waited 30 minutes for a table, but it is well worth the wait. The sandwiches are about 9 inches diameter, not the actual burger, but the bun was huge! Even though they are known for their sandwiches, you HAVE to try the chicken wings, especially the grilled ones. DELICIOUS! Make sure you come here when you are visiting Pittsburgh, but plan on this being your only meal for the day!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Fun place, but we waited for 1 1/2 hours for a table. Food was good but pretty heavy. Nice waitstaff once we finally got in.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Fatheads is the friendliest bar/restaurant on the South Side. We go here often and in the summer, it is our pre-bike night hangout before heading off to Market Square or Station Square. The beer selection offers something for everyone. They brew their own beer and highlight a few each month. They also serve many other microbrewery beers and the typical selections. The food is extensive. The menu offers many, many, many selections for the vegetarian to the true carnivore. All items I have eaten have been good. Portions are large so you may wish to split what you order with someone else. To give you an idea, I do not eat a lot so for me, I can take home what I do not eat and have enough to last me another two days. The atmosphere is top notch and very welcoming. The wait staff and regulars really make outsiders feel welcomed. It is a very busy place (my guess is due to the friendly environment and beer selection) so you will wait for a table on any given night from about 6:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m. The place is not huge and it is not a fancy restaurant. It’s a bar that serves food. When in Pittsburgh, you must stop in at Fatheads!