“Average Quality...But A Lot Of Quantity”
Review of Armstrong's

Armstrong's
Ranked #309 of 2,254 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Had the veal parm on a recent trip with family and friends. Was average at best, yet, was so large I got two more meals out of it at home.

Was not impressed with the service. Either the waitress was not that good or over worked.

Nothing special. Won't be back.

3  Thank birdddurr

Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Great service, wonderful food and plenty...the stuffed banana peppers and fried zucchini for appetizers are delicious...

Enjoy!

Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

In this area of Pittsburgh, there were many restaurants that were closed, but Armstrongs is a reasonable choice of the "locals". The atmosphere was clean and ok. The food was very good. The grande salads are an eat half and take half home size. The smaller salads are "just right". The other dishes are tasty.

1  Thank MomLois
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We eat here several times a year. My favorite entree is the steak and mushroom calzone. This is a very popular Italian restaurant and one of our very favorites. They do "call ahead." One of the specials on Saturday is lasagna...enough for two meals! My husband says they have the best fried shrimp he's ever eaten.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

First off, the food at Armstrong's is incredible. I've tried several items off the menu and they were all fabulous. I wish I could say the same about the hostess and wait staff... On two separate occasions the hostess has either 1. forgot to write our name on the wait list or 2. completely skipped over our name and moved on to the next group in line?? This was after waiting at least 30 minutes for a table! What the heck??!! I can't even begin to wrap my mind around how something like that would even happen? Then to make matters worse, the male hostess did not even apologize or show any remorse for his mistake? A hostess is supposed to be very warm and welcoming. This guy seemed miserable and had no personality. Our waitress was just okay. Not much of a personality either. We got our food relatively quickly, but when we were finished, she was nowhere to be found. We ended up waiting for what seemed like forever for our check.
This really is very unfortunate, because like I said before, the food is amazing. I'll definitely be back. Hopefully next time though, the owners will have read this review and made some staffing changes.

1  Thank loribeth_97