“Good for groups, not fine dining”
Review of Gullifty's Restaurant - CLOSED

Gullifty's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Located out of the heart of the tourist area of Pittsburgh. There is nothing particularly special or wrong with this place. It has an old cafeteria vibe to it. There are plenty of things to choose from on the menu. None stood out. It is also a place where locals get their desserts. Once again it wasn't anything spectacular. It is a place to bring a large family or a dinner party since there is a lot of room here and a giant projection TV.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I have fond memories of this place but the previous reviewer was right. The food, service, and overall value was poor and not worth the money or fond memories. Never again.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This used to be my favorite place to go in Pittsburgh, a 5 star winner. The garlic festival food was outstanding, but alas no more. 2x's ago the food seemed to be heated up and not fresh made. We gave the place another chance and it was worse. The tables were greasy to the touch, enough that the elbow of my jacket was stained. They tried to move us (party of 4) but that table was greasy also so we waited until the busboy cleaned a table. Figured an inexperienced person was the cause. We ordered and the food started to come right away. Since we were the only ones in the restaurant I didn't think much about it until we started eating. Everything was soggy with grease and only lukewarm so again it was heated up leftovers. The manager comped our food because we didn't eat more than a taste of it. She tried to give me a gift card but I couldn't take it because I don't think I'll be back unless they really clean up their act.

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Only went here for convenience...was not good. I had the shrimp pomodoro and the shrimp was way overcooked and not good at all. Pasta was good but not drained properly. My son had eggplant parm and when I cut into it, I could tell it wasn't going to be good. It wasn't good. He ate just the pasta. I tasted the pasta and it was very institutional tasting. I would suggest to management to try these dishes without the staff knowing and see what you get. I would only recommend for desert....

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Deserts are great, food ok. Needs a good chef to be higher rated. Pay parking behind. Good beer list.