“Great sushi restaurant!”

Neighborhood: Strip District
Youngstown, Ohio
“Great sushi restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had not planned on going here for dinner, we had reservations at Nakama but their power went out. We did not know where to go so we were driving around. This place is a gem!! Absolutely the best sushi I have ever tasted. The service was wonderful. Would go back again when in the Pittsburgh area!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank sam b

Dublin, Ohio
“Great Soon Du Bu, average everything else”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Visited here after a trip to the 1968 Exhibit at the Heinz History Center (which is just around the corner). On a cold spring day my Korean wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our Soon du bu (spicy tofu soup). She got the regular (with beef seafood and vegetables) and I got the vegetarian version. Both were very good and spiced just right (which means super spicy). Compared to other places though the ban chan (appetizers before the meal) were pretty sparse. I really like the variety of kim chi, bean sprouts, spinach and other vegetables that are offered before Korean dinners. However here this part of the dinner was really lacking. My wife turned up her nose at the kimchi, but I thought it was good.
As far as Korean restaurants go it was just average. The sushi was pretty good and the soup excellent, but the quality and quantity of the ban chan really took away from the Korean dinner experience. The wait staff was efficient, but not very friendly and the enviornment is notable for it's celebration of Pittsburgh sports photos. (I'm sure Heinz Ward eats here!)
But if you like Korean as much as I do, you will find something good!

• Visited April 2013
Columbia, Maryland
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Best place to eat sushi and korean food. Hands down; it is expensive so my husband and I reserved for special occasions.

• Visited January 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“OK Korean food but expensive for what you get”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

I had a hankering for Korean when I was visiting Pittsburgh with my family and saw that this place was listed in the area we were staying. I can't speak for the sushi, but my experience with the Korean food was mixed. My wife's dolsot bibimbap was ok, but I have had much better at lower cost (in much more expensive cities). My daughter's soon dubu (tofu stew) was actually quite good. My ojingo bokum (spicy calamari) was overwhelmed with hot pepper sauce. I don't shy away from the heat, but heat without underlying savoriness is just unappealing to me. The prices were quite expensive for the food quality and quantity.

• Visited February 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Korean food and sushi bar. Meh.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I'm new to Pittsburgh with a job on the North Shore. I had a craving for some Korean food and went to the place nearest my office - Sushi Kim in the Strip District that boasts both Korean food and sushi.

Let me say up front - the food I received was delicious. But, I was a bit disappointed with the portion size for my lunch entree. For $12.95, I received just a few portions of ribs (I ordered the kalbi), just 3 ban-chan (side dishes of kimchi, sprouts and broccoli), a small serving of white rice and a miso soup.

Delicious food, small portions and a bit overpriced. I was thinking of coming back to try to sushi, but I think the price structure needs to be reworked before I return.

Visited May 2012