“One of the best breakfasts I've ever had”
Review of Coca Cafe

Coca Cafe
Ranked #270 of 2,187 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I chose this restaurant based on positive feedback from Trip Advisor, so I was expecting it to be good. "Good" doesn't even come close to doing it justice. I had their special--sweet potato latke with poached eggs and hollindaise sauce--and it was outstanding. One of the best breakfasts I've ever eaten. My friends got the four-cheese omelet and French toast and raved about theirs as well. It's a small place, and there was a bit of a wait (about 20 minutes), but it was well worth it!

There are newer reviews for Coca Cafe

Reviewed July 29, 2014

My fiance and I just moved to a new place right down the street from the cafe. We stopped in breakfast and coffee last week and have been for brunch and lunch before. Their food consistently good, the lunch menu is great, but the breakfast menu is lacking some quick and basic breakfast necessities. Perhaps I'm biased because sometime I want a simple breakfast, but the weekday breakfast is the same as Sunday brunch with mostly large plates in the $10-15 range, with the exception of some fruit breads, oatmeal, and greek yogurt. Both my fiance and I enjoyed our meals (breakfast quesadilla and pesto omelet) but took half of them away. The service was quick and the coffee is good but the menu would be even better with a simple egg sandwich or a bagel.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

This review is for dinner. The restaurant is easy to miss from the outside but the interior decoration is not only casual/cozy but also romantic/charming. Each table is set up a bit differently: wood table, checkers table, bar table etc. For appetizer we got a Russet Old Bay chips, creamy lump crab and gruyere dip, best chips ever, super light and flavorful homemade chips. The dip is very tasty without being salty. We also had a strawberry watermelon jalapeno cold soup but it was more fruity than salty though the flavor was still very good. We also got the shrimp etouffee, duck salad, scallops and rib eye. All the dishes were flavorful and cooked just right! Please do talk to your server before ordering, though marked as "small plates", some of these plates are definitely entree size. Service was prompt, attentive and paired with a lovely smile. Plus the restaurant is BYOB! I will definitely come back again next time I visit Pittsburgh!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

When looking up reviews about restaurants in Pittsburgh, many are about coca cafe. Many of the reviews also include mention of the food taking a really long time. As a reviewer with a bit of "insider information" I'd like to set the record straight for my favorite go to breakfast spot in the Burgh! An old roommate of mine worked here about a year ago and explained that NOTHING is sitting in hot pans already prepared. He said that as you order it, it is made. He also explained that the kitchen is not much bigger than an average home kitchen and that every sauce, dessert and roasting of meats/fish are all done on site. (I hope none of this information is wrong, as it's been sometime since he's worked there.) Anyway, just wanted to put it out there that if you are not getting your food within the first 15 minutes of you being sat.. It's probably a good thing and let's you know the owners are doing it right! I'd personally wait an hour for a from scratch home cooked meal.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Excellent food, superior chef and wait staff. What more could you want? Whether it's breakfast, lunch or dinner you can't go wrong by heading to Coca Cafe. Everything is fresh. Properly cooked. Although the restaurant is small, and there often can be a wait, it's always worth it.