“Great food while shopping the strip”
Review of Bella Notte

Bella Notte
Ranked #228 of 2,254 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed October 27, 2013

On my first visit to the strip district we stopped in here on a Saturday for a quick bite between stores. I got the Italian sausage sandwich and it was delicious. The sausage was fresh and made from a store just across the street, It was so large I took half of it home. My mother got a slice of pizza with mushrooms and anchovies and it was a big slice with great flavor. My dad got the cheese steak and it was really good as well. This would be a great place to get a seat outside and people watch when the weather gets better.

1  Thank Kate T

Reviewed July 8, 2013

While on a recent visit to Pittsburgh, I made the requisite visit to the strip. Though it was the middle of the afternoon (and I'd already had a satisfying lunch and was looking forward to a special dinner), I didn't want to leave the city without sampling some of its pizza. (I've recently moved to NC and so miss the far superior pizza of the north.)

Anyway, I stopped into BN and asked if they served slices--I was so pleased when told that they did (even though a slice was around $4). I ordered a single slice with mushrooms and confirmed that they'd be fresh. When I got the slice, I took a first bite while glancing at a message on my phone. I then looked at the slice for two reasons--first, it was just lukewarm and second, the mushrooms were just sitting atop the slice and were cold and raw. When I finally got a waiter's attention, I told him of my concern and asked that they just reheat it to very hot, hoping that would also help with the mushroom issue. About 5 minutes later, I was brought a fresh slice (easy to know because it had no bite taken out of it) and it was identical to the first....it was obvious by its appearance. The mushrooms looked raw and the cheese unmelted. Although the pies on other tables looked very good and the patrons seemed to be enjoying them, I was wholly disappointed. I'd already spent 15+ minutes having an entirely unsatisfying experience. I was done, and just walked out.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had a great lunch with friends at the restaurant. The food is great and the bloody marys are a nice treat.

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for the first time for pizza. By far the best pizza I've had since I've moved to pizza. We ordered a medium pepperoni and it easily fed the 3 of us. Great selection of beers and the Bloody Mary's are to die for!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great place for lunch while shopping in the Strip District. They have a large beer selection on tap - 44 beers. We had a calzone that was to die for (we chose spinach and artichoke) - the thing was large enough to feed a family of four! Only $14 and so good!