“Very Tasty”

Ranked #93 of 2,220 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stopped here for breakfast. The staff was friendly. The decor was different. The music in the back ground was great. If you are looking for different waffles to eat this is the place. All of our food was delicious! If we return back to Pittsburgh we will return to this restaurant again.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Not being partial to waffles I was extremely hesitant to go here for breakfast as their specialty is waffles. Well, was I ever happy that I conceded. We arrived to be greeted by a perky young server who immediately helped us out with the menu and brought us delicious coffee. We ordered what she indicated were the big sellers and were not disappointed. I had the waffles with chives, smoked bacon and an egg on top and sour cream on the side. The waffle was out of this world. Tasty and light. We were also provided with bourbon maple syrup and a hot sauce if we wanted. My husband had the Mexican waffle and he said it was outrageous. Needless to say if you have the time make a trip to this little local breakfast place. Lots of families were there as well as the local college crowd so there is something for everyone. Price was great as well.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

This place has a bunch of different topping for waffles. I played it safe and got mine topped with berries. It did not disappoint. If you are craving waffles and are in the area stop by. I definitely will the next time I'm in Pittsburgh.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

My wife and I really enjoyed this place. It's in a really nice area of Pittsburgh with interesting restaurants and shops. We were a bit worried about a long wait on a late Sunday morning but we were seated within 5 minutes. Our server was very nice and knew the menu well, we just wish we would have received the full menu explanation she gave the table next to us. We were happy with our choices though. My coffee was good. My wife enjoyed her iced coffee, she said it was one of the best ones she has had. I ordered the chunky monkey as I wanted something different. It is a chocolate chip waffle with bananas, chocolate sauce, peanut butter, and whipped cream. It was very good. My wife being the more adventurous eater had a plain waffle with butter and a sprinkle of powdered sugar. She did top it with their bourbon syrup which was excellent. I had a side of ham with my waffle, the ham was very good, not too salty, had grill marks, and was cooked right. Now to the highlight. My wife had the bacon with hers. This bacon was so smoky I thought it had just come out of a smoker. It's was chewy without being limp. It was also cut to a very good thickness as I am not a fan of overly thin bacon. Finally it was topped with scallions which played so well with the smokiness. I ate most of my wife's bacon and then ended the meal with an additional order of bacon. We're looking forward to going back.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Our party arrived at around 9 a.m. on a Saturday, and it wasn't busy at all, but it did eventually get busy. When we got back to our cars after walking around South Side Works following breakfast at around 11 a.m., there were a lot of people standing outside waiting for tables.

The service was good, and our server was friendly. Everyone enjoyed their food—I had the Souther' Waffle and others ordered the Benny and the Breakfast Magic. I highly recommend the home fries—a mix of russet, purple and sweet potatoes along with green peppers and onions. They were delicious.

We would definitely go back and try other items on the unique menu.

1  Thank Kristina11180