“Beautiful”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

What a gem we have in Pittsburgh with Heinz Hall. We get first-class entertainment in the city. Love going at Christmas with the huge tree in the lobby. Never took advantage of this when I was younger, now can't wait for new shows to keep coming in, so I can enjoy them and the atmosphere.

Visited December 2012

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Wonderful building”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

We attended the holiday pops at the end of 2011, and it was my first visit to the hall. What a great old building. Classically beautiful. A great place to attend any concert.

sings7
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Culture”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We love to go to Heinz Hall, the ceiling and architecture are exquisite. It nice to hear our first class symphony there, and we enjoy the Broadway shows that we see there.

Visited May 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
252 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 157 helpful votes
“outstanding venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We attended a showing of the stage version of Flashback, during it's pre-Broadway run. In spite of having lifelong ties to the Pittsburgh area, this was my first visit to Heinz Hall.
Physically, it is an extraordinary venue. Beautiful design and execution, it's renovation was a complete success.
The sightlines from the orchestra were excellent. The orchestra section is relatively small but the two large balcony sections ensure seating for very large crowds. The hall could benefit from more ushers. The seating description was a bit confusing so consult the Hall's web site seating chart before you go. Once you find your seat, you will find it very comfortable.
For large crowds, the lounge/restroom facilities are small and were overwhelmed at intermission. Plan ahead.
Parking in downtown Pittsburgh is a challenge so keep that in mind. For a large city, the 'Burch's taxi service seems small and unsophisticated. I never depend on them. I didn't see a single cab stop at the Liberty St cab stand before or after the show.
Heinz Hall is a gem. Beautiful, functional and accessible.

Visited January 2013
DUBLIN IRELAND
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Beautiful Theater - Fabulous Sound”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

I had my first experience of Heinz Hall when i attended the Holiday Pops for a Saturday matinee. The building on first glance from the outside did nit exactly cry out to you. However, once you stepped inside its doors into the lobby area, all that changed. What made it even more wonderful was the giant Christmas tree, bedecked with festive baubles, that was standing right in the center of the room.

When you make your way up through the various tiers you will be amazed at the fine architecture. The colonnades and the crystal chandeliers are stunning and, when combined with the deep red carpeting, give the whole setting an air of sumptuous luxury.

The whole theme is carried through as you enter the performance hall itself. Due to the clever layout within, I cant imagine that there is a bad seat in the house. The final test of course, was the sound. Being a musician myself, I awaited eagerly for the performance to begin. When the Pittsburgh Philharmonic struck up, I was not disappointed. The music resonated throughout and the acoustics were second to none.

If you haven't been to Heinz Hall, why not treat yourself to a concert ticket and enjoy one of Pittsburgh's finest landmarks.

Visited December 2012