“Great vibe - wonderful experience!”

Sienna On The Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Sienna On The Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #90 of 2,150 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Square
Description: Sienna On The Square, located in downtown Pittsburgh's vibrant Market Square, voted "Best New Restaurant 2013" and "Best Restaurant" in 2014 and 2015 by Pittsburgh Magazine, invites you to experience simple and creative dishes. Enjoy a variety of fresh, flavorful dishes using the highest quality, often locally sourced ingredients. Our full bar includes wine from Italy and around the world to complement your dining experience. Open Table Award Winner for Italian, Hot Spot, Great for Lunch, and Outdoor Dining.
Pittsburgh
“Great vibe - wonderful experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I dined at this restaurant on a Wednesday evening and had a wonderful time. Our server was very attentive and helpful regarding items on the menu. It had a GREAT vibe - dim lighting, candles, restaurant opened to the outside. We will definitely go back. The portions were small, but were very tasty.

• Visited July 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never again!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Like the previous reviewer we cannot even comment on the food or drink. We were there on the 3rd of July night. We were seated at one of those bar side high tables inspite of prior reservations. Then we sat down our server proceeds to tell us after we started placing our drinks orders that there were already at least 2 unavailable. The attitude of the waiter was basically " stay or go we really have other customers and we couldn't care less ".
Further more they actually had the nerve to show us as cancels on open table so we could not write a review which would be without doubt a bad one. To top it all there a single bathroom for women. No stalls just one at a time. I really don't want to stand in line this long to go to the bathroom in a place like this. How awkward is that!!

Visited July 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“WAY Overrated!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Sienna is a beautiful little place, however, the food did not match the ambiance. What a disappointment this was, particularly since it was deemed "Best New Restaurant of 2013". We sat at the bar, where both bartenders were extremely attentive. We ordered two appetizers - the house made stracciatella was very good. The "veal" meatballs were hard, and not at all the soft texture you'd expect for veal. For dinner, my chicken picatta was bone-in, skin-on & covered in oil. This went back. My husband, not put off by the veal meatballs - and just plain hungry - ordered the bucatini with the same meatballs. There was more sauce than pasta (not traditional), and even the pasta was way too al dente. The bar staff were kind enough to remove the picatta from the tab, which we did not request, but appreciated. This place appears to be more suited to appetizers & happy hour cocktails. Do yourself a favor & go to Alla Famiglia for an authentic experience & consistently good food. Oh, and their cheese-stuffed meatball is the best you'll ever eat.

• Visited June 2013
Buffalo, New York
“Felt like a trip to Italy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

My two teen daughters and I ate here while I was on a recent trip to Pittsburgh. We were quickly seated outdoors in a pleasant area of Market Square (a few odd characters in the Square, but no problems) and the staff were all friendly and efficient. We ordered appetizers of mixed olives and a delicious stracciatella with homemade mozzarella that was absolutely out of this world! I had the braised rabbit while my daughters had the four cheese and the sausage flatbread. For dessert we had something that was so delicious but can't recall the name - little balls of pastry dough with powdered sugar, chocolate and some kind of filling - heavenly! It was a great night!

Visited June 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I came to Sienna to celebrations lots of things and we were not disappointed. The ambiance is very nice with a great backlight bar area and we did not wait at all for our reservations which we were early for. The appetizers were rather small for the price except the salads which were very large and tasty looking! I had the prosciutto-wrapped salmon and my husband had the rabbit. Both were very good. The service was great...they even replaced a dish that we accidentally spilled! I would definitely return.

• Visited June 2013