“Never again!!!!!”

Sienna On The Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Sienna On The Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #119 of 2,209 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Square
Description: Sienna On The Square, located in downtown Pittsburgh's vibrant Market Square, voted "Best New Restaurant 2013" and "Best Restaurant" in 2014 and 2015 by Pittsburgh Magazine, invites you to experience simple and creative dishes. Enjoy a variety of fresh, flavorful dishes using the highest quality, often locally sourced ingredients. Our full bar includes wine from Italy and around the world to complement your dining experience. Open Table Award Winner for Italian, Hot Spot, Great for Lunch, and Outdoor Dining.
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Like the previous reviewer we cannot even comment on the food or drink. We were there on the 3rd of July night. We were seated at one of those bar side high tables inspite of prior reservations. Then we sat down our server proceeds to tell us after we started placing our drinks orders that there were already at least 2 unavailable. The attitude of the waiter was basically " stay or go we really have other customers and we couldn't care less ".
Further more they actually had the nerve to show us as cancels on open table so we could not write a review which would be without doubt a bad one. To top it all there a single bathroom for women. No stalls just one at a time. I really don't want to stand in line this long to go to the bathroom in a place like this. How awkward is that!!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Sienna is a beautiful little place, however, the food did not match the ambiance. What a disappointment this was, particularly since it was deemed "Best New Restaurant of 2013". We sat at the bar, where both bartenders were extremely attentive. We ordered two appetizers - the house made stracciatella was very good. The "veal" meatballs were hard, and not at all the soft texture you'd expect for veal. For dinner, my chicken picatta was bone-in, skin-on & covered in oil. This went back. My husband, not put off by the veal meatballs - and just plain hungry - ordered the bucatini with the same meatballs. There was more sauce than pasta (not traditional), and even the pasta was way too al dente. The bar staff were kind enough to remove the picatta from the tab, which we did not request, but appreciated. This place appears to be more suited to appetizers & happy hour cocktails. Do yourself a favor & go to Alla Famiglia for an authentic experience & consistently good food. Oh, and their cheese-stuffed meatball is the best you'll ever eat.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My two teen daughters and I ate here while I was on a recent trip to Pittsburgh. We were quickly seated outdoors in a pleasant area of Market Square (a few odd characters in the Square, but no problems) and the staff were all friendly and efficient. We ordered appetizers of mixed olives and a delicious stracciatella with homemade mozzarella that was absolutely out of this world! I had the braised rabbit while my daughters had the four cheese and the sausage flatbread. For dessert we had something that was so delicious but can't recall the name - little balls of pastry dough with powdered sugar, chocolate and some kind of filling - heavenly! It was a great night!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I came to Sienna to celebrations lots of things and we were not disappointed. The ambiance is very nice with a great backlight bar area and we did not wait at all for our reservations which we were early for. The appetizers were rather small for the price except the salads which were very large and tasty looking! I had the prosciutto-wrapped salmon and my husband had the rabbit. Both were very good. The service was great...they even replaced a dish that we accidentally spilled! I would definitely return.

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

As far as Italian food goes the menu looks and sounds authentic. But the food quality is lacking, unfortunately. I ordered the Veal Milanese and was quite disappointed with the cut of meat. Their Salmon dish was just mediocre. I would just stop here for duck appetizers and then move on