“Delicious Food”

Sienna On The Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Sienna On The Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 2,266 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Square
Description: Sienna On The Square, located in downtown Pittsburgh's vibrant Market Square, voted "Best New Restaurant 2013" and "Best Restaurant" in 2014 and 2015 by Pittsburgh Magazine, invites you to experience simple and creative dishes. Enjoy a variety of fresh, flavorful dishes using the highest quality, often locally sourced ingredients. Our full bar includes wine from Italy and around the world to complement your dining experience. Open Table Award Winner for Italian, Hot Spot, Great for Lunch, and Outdoor Dining.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Ate at Sienna for the first time for lunch, and we were extremely pleased. I had the grilled chicken sandwich with homemade chips. Delicious! My friend ordered the eggplant parmesan sandwich and was brought chicken parmesan instead, but she didn't complain - she said it was excellent as well. The restaurant is VERY small (only about 10-12 tables) so reservations are a must. It was very dark inside and the music was a little on the loud side, but we could still have a conversation without shouting. Good food, reasonably priced, in and out in an hour (we passed on dessert) - we'll definitely be back. Maybe try it for dinner next time.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Sienna is on the Market Square in Pittsburgh. It's a great place for a dinner after work. It was easy to park on the square. The lobster mac and cheese was great.

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

First visit to Sienna based on reviews and buzz. Food was wonderful, hot and fresh! We purchased a bottle of wine at the bar and our bartender kindly had it sent to our table when we were seated. After 20 minutes at the table I said to my partner, "Well, I guess he's not going to pour our wine this evening" and the server never did. Rather small thing, but it's a nice touch to have the server "serve" your wine. Our customary 20% tip for good service was a bit lowered that evening. (I couldn't help but notice that he did pour the wine for the couple seated next to us). A small blemish on an otherwise lovely evening.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Based on the reviews I looked forward to my first visit to Sienna at Market Square. Luckily we had reservations because our hostess told us the dining area only has 12 tables and the space is tight. We both had the crabcake sandwich which was okay but nothing special. It was the poor service however that determined my rating. When we first ordered we mentioned we hoped to have dessert. Our waiter never returned to our table until a full hour had passed. I told him that it was getting late and we couldn't have dessert after all to which he had no reply. From that point to when we got our change was another 15 minutes. Knowing we were short on time it annoyed me to see him laughing and chatting with another server across the room rather than bringing me the check. If you have a lot of time and don't mind being cramped then you may enjoy this restaurant for lunch but be sure to make reservations. I strongly recommend the Diamond Market which is close by and where your time is respected.

1  Thank Pittsburgh12
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Sienna is a very new, casual Italian osteria in downtown Pittsburgh. Located in PPG place, it's walking distance from many of the hotels in PIttsburgh's revitalized downtown area. I personally thought this place hit a homerun. Although new, the servers are excellent and knowledgeable about the menu. I would highly recommend the pasta dishes, as they are all homemade. The wine list is well priced and features some rare wines for a Pittsburgh restaurant. Get a reservation, because this place fills up fast, on weekends and weekdays a like.