“Terrible Service, Not-So-Good Food, Interesting Menu”
Review of Sichuan Gourmet

Sichuan Gourmet
Ranked #733 of 2,173 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Chinese
Munhall, Pennsylvania
“Terrible Service, Not-So-Good Food, Interesting Menu”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

This restaurant has a very interesting menu including many authentic-sounding Chinese specialties. I wasn't in an adventurous mood that evening so I had a "Triple Delight" -- shrimp, beef & chicken. The food was average at best - the beef required extensive chewing. Unfortunately, I will never get to try some of their more exotic selections because the service was so very poor I will not be returning. I did not keep exact track of the time, but it took over an hour to get our food. On the occasions we saw our waitress, she repeated that they were behind because they had a big party in progress. However, as we sat waiting, other larger groups than ours came in, were seated and served while we continued to wait.

• Visited December 2013

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Sichuan Gourmet”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We went for the lunch and after several times here, it was even better. The sour n spicy ( aka Hot n sour ) was as good as any we've had, and we've been eating Chinese / Thai for close to 50 years together, mostly in Seattle, but lately here in Pittsburgh. We ordered 5 separate entrees off the lunch menu and had lots for leftovers, a favorite of ours. The entrees were generous and well prepared. Service was professional friendly and often. Our water glasses stayed full. Snow pea pods are a rarity, but these were fresh and very generous quantity. We recommend coming often.

• Visited November 2013
Manila, Philippines
“Great place for Chinese food!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I went here with some friends and we totally loved it! I am personally not a fan of spicy food but this was an exception! I loved the food..ambience is nice too! I would definitely come back! I recommend this restaurant to everybody :)

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome”
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Our first visit was a wonderful experience. GREAT FOOD and great service as well!! Very happy customers - and our five year old daughter enjoyed the place and food as much!