“Faultless breakfast!”

Cuisines: Diner, Greek, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We were in Pittsburgh for one night and stopped by this diner before we continued our cross country drive. A friend had recommended it to us and we were glad that we took the time to find it. Great food, freshly brewed strong coffee, and very attentive service. The restaurant looked new and was super clean. We also noticed that they have several Greek dishes and sweets that looked delicious!

1  Thank northBex

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Enroute to another restaurant, we went thru the parking lot and saw the sign and said why not, let's try it. What a great surprise. The quality of the good was way above average, portions were large enough for 2 people. The food selection was breakfasts, salads, Greek specialties and a lot more. Staff was friendly and courteous, and met the manager who ran the restaurant the way a restaurant was meant to be run. We came in on a slow period on July 4th and if his staff wasn't waiting on customers, they were cleaning and doing maintenance on the restaurant. They weren't texting in a corner somewhere or talking with each other. We waited zero minutes for our server to supply us with extra napkins, refills or anything else that we needed. Highly recommended and will return to try the philly steak sandwich that looked amazing and try some Greek specialties. Wow! So glad we found it.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Found the place by accident and loved it immediately. Doria made the experience even better with her style and winning smile. She explained the menu perfectly and made me the perfect bourbon and water on the rocks on each of the two nights I dined there. Had a steak the first night and chicken with asparagus the second. Hope I visit Pittsburgh again soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Had breakfast with a friend at Central Diner. She had never been there before, but I have been several times. My friend was very impressed with the good abundant food, quality service and reasonable price. I was also pleased when the server offered to substitute a fruit medley for the home fries which would normally have accompanied my omelet. By the way, the fruit was quite good. Definitely keeping Central Diner on my list of restaurants to visit again.

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Went for an early dinner. We both ordered pastitsio. I had a side Greek salad. The lettuce was very crisp. A generous amount of feta cheese and Klamath olives topped the salad. My husband had chili instead of salad. There was a generous amount of meat and beans in it. He said that it was home made. It got a thumbs up. Our pastitsio were huge. I took half home. They were well prepared with quality ingredients. Delicious! Our server was really friendly and helpful.We would definitely go there again.