“A fun spot”

Luke Wholey's Wild Alaskan Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Luke Wholey's Wild Alaskan Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 2,305 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I ate lunch here on our first trip to Pittsburgh and thoroughly enjoyed it. We stopped to read the menu and were offered a bite of soft shell crab off of the plate of a friendly man sitting near the door. Although this seemed a bit odd, we got into a conversation with him (he turned out to be the owner's father) and were so enjoying the conversation about our world travels that we decided to stay for lunch.

The food was delicious. My shrimp salad came with almost more shrimp than I could eat and the balsamic dressing was perfect. My husband raved about his blackened salmon for hours after the meal. Our server was also extremely friendly but in a fun, not obtrusive, manner and the return visits to our table by the owner's father made this an entertaining hour or so. We also got information about the city from both men. If you're in the mood to have some fun or just want some good food, I'd recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed June 15, 2017

I loved my dinner here! Started with the raw oyster and shrimp platter...wonderful...so fresh and the shrimp were perfectly cooked. Moved onto the seafood platter with a lobster tail, more shrimp and some fish...again, perfectly prepared...fresh and delicious...it only came with some sautéed kale which was fine, but an additional side would have been welcome. Ended with the recommended key lime pie which was great. Washed it all down with a few cocktails which, again, were well-prepared and fresh.

My waiter was outstanding. The ambiance is not much to speak of, being super casual, but it was exactly what I was looking for and I will definitely return!

Reviewed June 14, 2017

We went on a Wednesday evening for drinks and a casual dinner. We sat at the bar because a game was on. We ordered drinks, try the Root Mule, and they were great. Bartender was very friendly. We wanted to order food but were told that we could only order off the dinner menu which was mainly meals. They do not serve any fish sandwiches or casual food for dinner. Disappointing because it is a great, but casual atmosphere. We ended up leaving and heading across the street for food. I have been for lunch and really enjoyed the food.

Reviewed June 5, 2017

Some friends meet us in the Strip District for lunch and this was their pick. What a choice! It's worth driving from Ohio just for the Bloody Mary's. Service was great, prices are fair given the quality and the lobster role is wonderful. Parking late morning/early afternoon can be a challenge but it's worth driving around for a few minutes.

Reviewed June 1, 2017

You must try the lobster fries - french fries smothered in lobster bisque with chunks of lobster (langoustine). Sounds horrible, but tastes so good and probably the best thing on the menu. I tried the oyster po boy - too dry - over cooked, but fries came with it for $18. My husband had the ahi tuna sandwich and stated the tuna was very stringy @ $14. I guess that's what you get for ordering seafood in Pittsburgh. I still would go back for the lobster fries - best deal @ $11

1  Thank czechmateNewYork