“Interesting menu”

Luke Wholey's Wild Alaskan Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Luke Wholey's Wild Alaskan Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 2,301 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 1, 2017

You must try the lobster fries - french fries smothered in lobster bisque with chunks of lobster (langoustine). Sounds horrible, but tastes so good and probably the best thing on the menu. I tried the oyster po boy - too dry - over cooked, but fries came with it for $18. My husband had the ahi tuna sandwich and stated the tuna was very stringy @ $14. I guess that's what you get for ordering seafood in Pittsburgh. I still would go back for the lobster fries - best deal @ $11

1  Thank czechmateNewYork

Reviewed May 10, 2017

We were impressed with visiting Wholey's Fresh Market so when lunch time arrived we decided to try Luke's! We were seated near the rear of the restaurant at a table with elevated stools so we were still able to see out the large open garage door in the front, which made for a fun ambiance. Our waiter was outstanding as he described the meals and options. The food was delicious. I had the fish and chips w/ the additional deep fried prawns and scallops! The scallop was cooked to perfection. The crab cake salad that my wife was was fresh and full of flavor! My dad had the soft shell crab sandwich and was not disappointed. The same goes for the lobster roll that my mom had.

We would definitely return!

Reviewed May 2, 2017

The food was creative, fresh, and absolutely delicious!
To start, my group had oysters - a selection of different West and East Coast oysters. They were very fresh! (I'm not a fan of oysters, so I left them to enjoy - which they definitely did!)
For my entree, I enjoyed the Steel City Lobster Roll. It was AMAZING! The roll was smothered in a rich, delightful bisque. Under the bisque there were big chunks of flavourful lobster on a tasty bun. I got the fries on the side, but then ended up dipping them in the bisque that was left on the plate! I was overjoyed with both the creativity of the meal - I would never think to put bisque ON a lobster roll!! - and the taste. YUM!
This is definitely one of the absolute best meals I've ever had in a restaurant, and I can't wait to go back! I highly recommend it.

Reviewed May 1, 2017

This is a typical Pittsburgh Strip district bar-based setup, but instead of bar food serving excellent sea food. Tied in with Wholey's fish market in the Strip, they have a great selection. I had the BEST lobster bisque ever for only $7 -- must have had a whole lobster claw (cut up of course) in a great bisque base. Followed that with 5 very good size shrimp and 2 huge scallops, in a wonderful buerre blanc. My wife had the side Caesar salad, still quite nice size, then mahi tacos, which she quite enjoyed. The owner came by for a nice chat. Super casual place, lots of draft beer options, a few wine choices, plus the usual array of spirits.

Reviewed April 20, 2017 via mobile

We were visiting the strip and decided to eat lunch and try this restaurant. Glad we did, food was delicious and plentiful. Highly recommend this