“Bridge Ten Brasserie - A Disappointing Experience”
Review of Bridge Ten Brasserie - CLOSED

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Muriel Street
Description: They just opened this month. They are fantastic.
Pittsburgh, PA
“Bridge Ten Brasserie – A Disappointing Experience”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

The restaurant is attached to a Holiday Express but is not obviously associated with it. Upon arrival, there is a sign directing patrons to find parking on neighborhood streets. We did find a space about a block away but this could problematic on a weekend or later in the evening. We were seated and waited on quickly.

The menu is limited to 8 entrees, two of which are chicken. There were two specials. The food was expensive and did not live up to the price we paid for it. The server is French and acts like it.

The ambiance is very nice. There is a wall of windows that give a partial, but nice, view of the city. The restaurant is quiet and we could comfortably talk with each other.

• Visited February 2014

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food - OK service”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I read excellent reviews on this location in some Pittsburgh based publications. So, I figured we'd give it a try when we were in town for the Steelers game. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere and some great views if you can get a window seat. Our waiter seemed very stressed from the moment we were introduced to him. He was very short, offered no recommendations, and when he went over the specials it went something like "we have some salmon with other stuff on it". He either didn't know the food he was serving or just didn't care. Throughout the entire dinner service, our waiter barely spoke to us or made eye contact. Was pretty weird and off putting.

Our meals were good. We had a duck based appetizer which was great. For dinner, we both picked one of the $30 entrees. They were great, though a little pricey for what you're getting. Still, no complaints about the quality of the dish!

Overall, I probably wouldn't go back. The food is good but the service is just off.

• Visited November 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Not worth it for the price.”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

No I am not some cheap person that thinks Olive Garden is fine dinning. My wife and I try as many new place as we can and not afraid to spend money on a good meal, this just was not a good meal. We went with a large party of friends and the service was nice, the waiter funny, and decor was nice. I had the French Onion soup, which was bland, and just had no flavor. I had the Veal for my meal, and again it was bland. I had to add salt and pepper just to have some type of flavor. For the $140, my wife and I paid, I could have opened a can of Campbell's French Onion soup that would have tasted better, and could get better veal at Olive Garden. A friend also had the veal and he added salt as well, and two other friends said their meals where bland. Others thought it was ok. People who ordered desert seemed to enjoy those and the wine was good. I am just not going to go back, because there are so many better places to spend that much money. It was sad, as the menu was exciting on paper, and I know it has been reviewed well here. It was empty on a Sat night at 7pm, so....

• Visited November 2013
Scotia
“Excellent vist.”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Only had wine and small plates at the bar and they where excellent, menu was very enticing and we will have dinner there on our next visit.

Visited August 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Lacking Effort for the Price”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Maybe I was there on an off night because I have only heard good things, so take this with a grain of salt.

Nothing was bad. It was all just OK. For $30+ a plate, I expected something memorable. What really stood out were the corners they cut. We were given a platter of condiments : a quarter stick of butter, some cocktail pickles, and mustard. I am pretty sure it was all off the shelf from Giant Eagle (or similar). French food often comes with fries and you usually get gourmet (fried in garlic oil, crumbed cheese, etc.). These were fresh cut bar fries. And they were over cooked.

I wouldn't exactly steer people away and I will probably try again. Maybe next time, I will sit on the patio and have a sandwich.

• Visited September 2013