“Under achieving waitstaff”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Muriel Street
Description: They just opened this month. They are fantastic.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Under achieving waitstaff”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I have usually only posted positive reviews. Unfortunately my experience was possibly one of my worst dining experiences. Our waiter had to return to our table 3 times because he kept forgetting our order and states the kitchen lost the slip. He failed to ask if we needed another round of drinks for at least 45 minutes until my wife asked a waitress for assurance. Our appetizers came after 2 hours. The marrow soup was bland and cold. Our cheese platter came after 2 hours as well. To top it off, the waiter was in the bathroom at the same time as me and didn't even wash his hands. I came back to the table and couldn't finish my pork.

I realize it is New Year's Eve but the restaurant was not terribly busy and I think our waiter left a bad taste in our mouths.

I must say the owner introduced himself and was very cordial. It is a quaint setting and I did enjoy the ambiance but without an efficient staff this restaurant will lose business. I would be willing to give it another chance if I did not have a disheveled waiter.

Pittsburgh
“Great to have a French option in Pittsburgh”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Easy to get to location, valet parking, nice ambiance, great affordable wine list, knowledgeable staff, friendly owners and wonderful food! So nice to have a variety of French dishes to chose from, ranging from the peasant comfort food to gourmet. All tastes can be accommodated with their menu. Dave DeSimone, the owner, is happy to provide incredible advice regarding wine selections appropriate for your food choices & personal taste, We will be returning, this time with lots of friends to enjoy the experience with.

Visited October 2012
PA
“won't be long for our next visit”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

our first time to the rather new place, but definitely not our last. Good food, dervice and atnosphere. Mussels, scallops, duck and quail all good. desserts pushed everything over the top. we will be back, and can't wait to eat on the patio.

I note htere are reviews for Patio 10, it is the same place

• Visited November 2012
Bay City, Michigan
“I was only at the bar...”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

As the Bridge Ten was next to the hotel I was in, it was a prime locations for a few drinks after a long day.

Service was very attentive and friendly. They had just open a couple of weeks prior but hopelfully this service continues on.

I'm not much of a French cuisine kind of guy but it smell very good.

Visited September 2012
Pittsburgh
“Just too many things not quite right...”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Bridge Ten is new, so maybe their challenges are growing pains, but...

It's in a Holiday Inn Express and tough to get there, even for valet parking. The ambiance really is nothing beyond a few pictures on the wall with too many bright lights and feels like you're eating in a far too large room, not a Parisian packed-in brasserie.

Other than one French guy roaming around doing nothing, the only language being spoken is Pittsburgh-ese.

So, the location is tough and the ambiance isn't there, so how was the food? Just not up to standards set by the French. Some of the food was ok and it wasn't terrible - just seemed off a step. Too much goat cheese on the salad, sauces were just not really flavorful, etc. which, when combined with really slow service added up to a meal I wouldn't do again.

• Visited September 2012