“First visit, would go back again!”

Papaya Thai Cuisine & Sushi Bar
Ranked #251 of 2,266 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Zip 15275 412 494 3366 Phone
Description: Zip 15275 412 494 3366 Phone
Reviewed April 4, 2014

My friend and I had a late lunch here. It was not busy and we were seated right away. We ordered sushi which was really good and they also offered gluten free soy sauce. YAY! I also had a green tea martini. Tasted just like green tea! I ordered General Tsos to-go for my husband and they asked on a level of 1-10 how spicy. I chose 5 and it is HOT HOT HOT! It's a neat little place and I would go back again.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Had the Spicy Basil w/ chicken. The rice was most disappointing it was strangely grainy, yet sticky....weird I know. The flavor and spice of the food was good, but the cooks seem to lack technique. The green peppers, and carrot slices were huge and overwhelmed the dish. The fried spring rolls were the smallest I have ever seen.

Service was ok. I personally would try somewhere else if I were in the area again.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

The VERY BEST Chicken Pad Thai I have ever eaten and you absolutely must try a Banana Rodi for dessert! The orange chicken is delicious and if you like a pre dinner cocktail try the Green Tea Martini!! The owners of this restaurant are delightful and wonderful people. When they see me coming they are full of smiles and hugs. I have moved 35 miles from this restaurant and continue to drive back there regularly as everything I have had is exceptional!

1  Thank MickeySueChe1e
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

This small restaurant has it all ! Great food,prices and the staff is very pleasant and helpful ! Thai and Chinese selections. Great atmosphere!

1  Thank Theresa M
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I've been looking for some good Pad Thai in the area and Papaya has yet to disappoint. The sushi is pretty good too, which is a bonus. I've dined-in for lunch several times and can't get over how quick the service is... a good lunch spot. I've ordered take-out several times during dinner hours and have dined-in as well and again, fast service and food is always consistently delicious.

The Pad Thai is so good that I have yet to try anything else. For sushi I've tried the crunchy roll, spicy tuna roll and regular tuna roll and all were very good.

Prices are pretty decent too and portions are generous.

1  Thank avaree