“Great if you are hungry”

bd's Mongolian Grill
Ranked #287 of 2,186 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Mongolian
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A no frills flat top grill where you can pick what you want and get it grilled up on a central circular grill for you. The food bar selection was very good as well as the sauces and spices. The part that lacks for me it the quality of the rice to go along with a meal. It is over steamed very processed rice with little flavor either white or brown. The atmosphere is also nothing to brag about and is just slightly above a cafeteria.

There are newer reviews for bd's Mongolian Grill

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I got food poisoning on my recent trip there. It isn't much of a surprise, because the bar where you choose food was a mess, and there was a lot of cross contamination. I was the only one at my table that ate mostly vegetables, and I ended up in the hospital. Some of the other diners ended up with stomach aches. The nurse at the hospital said that it could have been as easy as them not washing the vegetables well enough. STAY AWAY!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have been to many BD's, I love this place. You pick what you want and how much. Then take it up and they do the rest. Its so easy. Its perfect for Gluten free eaters. They have so many choices. If you like fish, chicken, steak, everything. Then you pick the type of vegs and sauces you want. Then the trick is to pick the right spice. I have never been disappointed. Great every time. You can go up more than once, but its a bit more. I only needed one plate full. You have to stop in and try it.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is by any means a different place to eat. I really enjoyed the fact that one can choose what ever one wishes to eat, the vegies, meat, sea food, etc. Once picked it's taken to the grilling area and cooked to your liking with the special sauce you picked. When done you're handed the platter steaming hot to take back to your table and eat. We have visited this eatery several times and never once got dissappointed. We will continue to go there.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This was a restaurant that looks like a similiar version of Chow Baby in Atlanta, GA. I thought I'd give it a whirl. I was NOT pleased. I dine out alone alot and I'm not sure if it is because I don't have a large number in my party or the server just assumes that I'm not going to tip based on my appearance. I tip based on the service received i.e. filling my glass when it is low, time waiting to be seated, informative server, friendliness of server. I work 2 jobs and I just wanted to get in eat and get out. I went here for the first time and I was not pleased I will not be returning. The quality of the food was mediocre. My server didn't serve me at all I went to the restroom to wash my hands after sitting down and waiting for 10 mins for him to take my drink order. When I came back he said I thought you left. The hostess who sat me ended up providing all the information as to how it works at Mongolian Grill, she took my drink order, and rice order. I asked her if she can accept the tip instead of my server since he didn't do anything. He didn't even come back to check on me after my food was done cooking and I was sitting there eating my food. I had plenty left over and I didn't even want to pack it up to take it home for another date to eat. Chow Baby rocks and there is no other like it. So sad there is not Chow Baby in Pittsburgh.