“Amazing Italian; Unexpected Gem” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of OSTERIA 2350

OSTERIA 2350
Reserve with OpenTable
OSTERIA 2350 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #404 of 2,141 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Our Seasonal Lunch And Dinner Menus Offer House-Made Pastas, Fresh Salads, Sandwiches On House-Baked Breads, Hand-Tossed Pizzas And Italian Specialties Created With Product Sourced Within 100 Miles Of Pittsburgh. Complimentary Valet After 5pm. Complimentary Validated Parking Available All Day Within The 24th Street Parking Garage. Validated ticket provided at the close of your dining experience.
New York City, New York
“Amazing Italian; Unexpected Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

We were told to check out the Strip district and after driving around quite a few times and not being able to decide on a spot or find parking, we noticed the sign for Osteria near the market. And Thank Goodness we did!! We may have been hungry, but the food far exceeded our expectations! The soup - a white bean and prosciutto - was perfectly flavored; salty and peppery and delicious all over. I do wish it would have come out a tad warmer - that may have been an issue of the large shallow bowl it was served in. A very unique presentation of the prosciutto in the soup - very well executed. My friend enjoyed her spaghetti and meatballs, which I sampled and found very tasty myself. I immensely enjoyed the cavatelli! There are few words that can describe how scrumptious this dish was! Velvety, rich pasta perfectly cooked with brussel sprouts and salty pork. Amazing!! The bread was nice and fresh. The service was nice and attentive. I would return if I ever return to Pittsburgh.

Visited February 2014

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Pleasant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

This was my second visit to Osteria. The first experience was delightful. My husband and I stumbled upon this restaurant during a visit to the strip so we stopped for lunch. I had a small salad and he had a sandwich. We both really enjoyed our food and the service was good. I recently went back for dinner with my sister. Again, I enjoyed the food. I had gnocchi which tasted fresh, not overly starchy and was a good consistency. My sister enjoyed her pasta as well. I also love the bread they serve with the meal. We also both ordered alcoholic drinks and both very much enjoyed them. Mine was on the smaller side compared to my sisters, though they were the same price. Our server was very attentive, absolutely no complaints in that regard. Also, we both ordered salads and our entrees and the total process took about an hour, so I did not think that unreasonable. I would like to note that both times I visited, it was not overly busy. Overall, a great experience and I will be going back soon!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Terrible experience. Would never go back.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We had such a terrible experience at osteria and would definitely never return. The menu is small and limited, which would be fine except they messed up every single thing we ordered. The "waitress" could not have been more than 16 and completely incapable of waiting tables on a Saturday night. It took 40 minutes just for the food to come out and when it did it was all wrong. We ordered a pepperoni pizza and received a cheese and ordered the sausage and fennel pasta and it came out with no sausage! Then to make it worse, when the manager asked what happened the "waitress" put the blame back on us saying we asked for no meat. Not only was the wait long and the orders a mess, but also the food is just mediocre and our water and wine glasses were empty most of the time until we tracked the "waitress" down and asked her for a refill. Don't waste your time with this one.

1 Thank Katrina F
Chicago, IL
“Osteria - a touch of Italy in Pittsburgh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I met a business associate at this restaurant. From the outside windows it looked like a deli, but I walked in and sat down at the table she had chosen. I proceeded to enjoy a wonderful Italian dinner. The service was good, although they seemed to be a little short-handed that week day evening. I started with a bowl of their soup of the day...White Bean and Kale in a Garlicky Broth....It had a few shavings of I believe parmesan on top and was absolutely wonderful! The warm lobster salad is another don't miss - The tangy vinaigrette was the perfect complement to the lobster and greens. As I'm on a no-white pasta diet, I chose to then be served two of their meatballs, along with lots of marinara sauce. Really good and I was pleasantly full at the end of this. My associate had a homemade pasta dish and really loved it. They also serve a bread basket ahead of the meal with a big dish of olive oil. It looked like it had herbs mixed into it....and looked and smelled phenomenal...although I did not indulge. The have a good choice of house wines. At the end of the night, I was really surprised our whole meal was under $40. Nice! It's in the strip area, but worth the beautiful ride along the river at night with all the bridges lit up. They are related to Cioppino next door, so I'd also like to try that as it appears to be a more formal sit-down restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Simple, fast lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

A friend of mine and I recenly ate at Osteria 2350 for lunch on a Saturday. The place itself is sparse, and there was only one other table of people eating when we arrived. It was after 2:00pm, so we had did not have to eait at all. I do not know how it normally is in a weekeday. We both ordered sandwiches, mine was the meatball sub. The sandwiches came out pertty quick, but I soon realized how they got them out so quick.

The sauce on my sub was good. The tomatoes popped with some nice acidity and there were a lot of good spices. The issue was most of the meatballs were cool, one was downright cold. I ate most of the sandwich, left the cold meatballs there on the plate and when I mentioned something to the server as she cleaned up the plates, she shrugged it off and there was no apology or recognition this was a problem.

We ended up ordering the small coconut cream pies, which were fine, but the crush was too heavy and dense, so we just ate out the inside of the pies.

Overall, it was fine. No need for me to go back when I am in town again.

• Visited November 2012