$112
$102
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $146/night.

$169
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $211/night.

$149
$119
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $138/night.

$140
$125
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $141/night.

$104
$94
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $121/night.

$108
Doubletree.com
$144
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $237/night.

Omni William Penn Hotel(Pittsburgh)
$200
$139
Kimpton
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $187/night.

All reviewshigh ceilingsconvention centercultural districtgreat locationpenn avenuepnc parktypical courtyardcourtyard marriottvalet parkingfront deskacross the streetwithin walking distancesame blockthird floorvalet serviceheinz fieldsteelers game
Reviewed August 27, 2008

This hotel is conveniently located, particularly to the convention center and is also is within walking distance ( one mile) of the three major sports venues. It is an older building that has been renovated into a modern hotel. This is good and bad, the good is that the façade of an historic (as in old and not of any particular historical impact) has been maintained. I like the idea of keeping the elegance and detail of the architecture of the late 19th and early 20th century. The bad is that it appears that keeping the old building may have resulted in comfort compromises of which the air conditioning is the primary issue. I live in Miami and am somewhat of a connoisseur of air conditioning. I really dislike window or wall mount units which is what this Courtyard has. I was there in August and it was hot. I had to leave the fan running all the time to avoid being bothered by the loud cycling on and off. The wall unit also blew cold air directly on the adjacent work area which meant that I had to constantly keep taking a sweat shirt on and off.

When I stayed here in August 2008, the property was relatively new and I thought it was visually attractive. There is a small but functional fitness center. The room was clean and bed comfortable. The adjacent Sonoma Grill, which also provides room service, was the best restaurant of the four that I visited during my stay in Pittsburgh. The hotel staff were pleasant but I was disappointed that my Platinum status with Marriott Awards was not worth more than a diet coke and a bag of chips at check in.

My main complaint was with the internet connection. Although I used the wired connection, I kept losing the connection and I also kept getting perplexing warning from the firewall software that it was being disabled and I needed to reset it. I thought maybe it was something with my computer but I didn’t have any problems with it when I returned home. I also tried to watch some of the on line videos of the Olympics and had to buffer the files since my connection speed was too slow to watch them directly.

In an summary, this is a good choice if you are attending a sporting event or if you don’t plan on spending much time working in the room. The air conditioning issue would probably not be a factor during colder weather.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2008

Overall, we thought the hotel was very nice.

My wife and I stopped in Pittsburgh for a few days. We stayed 3 nights at the Courtyard Marriott in downtown Pittsburgh (the Cultural District). We chose the Courtyard because of its central location. First, we arrived about 5pm, and check in went very smoothly. The bellman jumped out the door and unloaded our luggage. They have valet parking, but there is a $9 per night city parking lot just down the street. Our room was on the 8th floor with our window looking out over the Convention Center. The ceiling were *very* high (probably from the result of remodeling an older building). The room was nicely cleaned and was kept well cleaned over the course of our stay - a small problem replacing the shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom. We had two queen sized beds (we had asked for a king, but didn't really care). The hotel seemed to be full, but we didn't hear anything over the course of our stay except for the occasional person wandering around the hallways. Internet service was very good for my laptop. There were a few nice restaurants nearby - the Sonoma Restaurant is next door to the hotel. The hotel breakfast was reasonable, but Pamela's Diner is a short drive away. Staff was polite and very friendly. Check out was a snap.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pabl01neum
Reviewed August 10, 2008

Went to Pittsburgh to see the Blue Jays at PNC Park back in June. Had 6 people and booked two rooms. Check in was quick and valet parking was fast. Rooms were big and spacious. The business centre is located in the lobby and is free to use, which is great. Also there is internet available in all rooms, also free to use.

The breakfast buffet was great. Good selection for about $12.

All in all, great service, great food, great hotel!

• Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank The_KayJo
Reviewed June 25, 2008

I spent 3 nights at the Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown and found it to be an excellent hotel.

Our room was spotlessly clean upon arrival. We had booked through Priceline and received a king room on the 6th floor. The room was quite large. It had a sitting area with a couch, desk, and office chair, which was nice. We found the bed to very comfortable as well. The bathroom was large, with a huge counter, and was very well-maintained.

All public areas of the hotel were very nice as well. In the lobby, there was an area with free internet, and complimentary coffee was also available. Free wireless internet was also available in our room, which was handy to have.

One word of advice - parking at the hotel is $22/day and valet only. There are numerous city parking garages in the area, offering parking for a fraction of the cost. We paid less than $30 to park for the entire 3 nights by using a lot located at Ninth and Penn (only a 5 minute walk from the hotel).

In summary, this was an excellent hotel and I would definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cold_in_kitchener
Reviewed April 26, 2008

After a not so good start on a romantic weekend away, we found the Courtyard by Marriot in Downtown Pittsburgh. We were welcomed right away by the valet, whisked inside to register (which was quick and easy) and sent up to our room. After the trauma of having just been in a horrible hotel and leaving it very fast, this was like Heaven! Clean, neat, and perfect. The hotel staff was very friendly and knowledgable, helped us with destinations, restaurants, and other questions. The valets had our car to us quickly when asked, even having washed it on the day of our arrival! I highly reccommend this hotel for the great customer service, something that is getting harder to find these days:)

Stayed: February 2008