“Great Stay!”

Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown
Ranked #37 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We enjoyed this hotel very much. Stayed in Suite number 930. living room was Huge, bedroom was Huge, and bathroom was located in the perfect spot for a suite... away from everything else. The only complaint we had was that there was only a mini fridge (not a big deal) The staff was friendly. Valet's were prompt. There were no linens in the room for the pull out couch so we called down to get some. they were delivered within 10 minutes. The staff even gave us plates to use for a birthday cake.

The location is awesome. We walked to two pirates games, the strip, and the casino. A cab ride home from the Casino is only 6$.

Room Tip: Suite 930 is HUGE .. high ceilings. the view sucks.. only can see the courtyard, but I'm not sta...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

weiseman66,
2 Pirates games, a trip to the Strip and a night at the casino! Sounds like you had a great birthday getaway! I am glad you enjoyed the spacious suite and that our staff met all your needs. I hope we compensated for the small fridge with big service. Please join us again and Let's Go Bucs!!!

Francisco Sellés, General Manager

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were more than pleasantly surprised at the quality of this hotel. If you didn't know what hotel you were walking into, one might think they've walked into a trendy boutique hotel. The staff was very friendly. For a downtown location, the rooms were ample sized with lovely high ceilings. Upon check in we were given a room that was directly across an alley from the Convention Center. Unfortunately late night construction is underway there. My husband brought this to the attention of the front desk the following morning and we were immediately relocated to a room at the front of the hotel. Needless to say we had a fabulous view of the city. The only reason I didn't give this hotel five stars is because I find it to be a little pricey. Additionally, a mini fridge in the room would be nice. We traveled with our four year old and it would been nice to have snacks, fruit and juice on hand for him.

Room Tip: Stay in the front portion of the hotel. Rooms in the rear of the hotel face the Convention Center a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Hello BobbieD
I apologize for the noise generated by the neighboring convention center. I am happy to report they did complete their week-long project which involved power-washing some common areas... Sounds innocent but with the proximity of the buildings it was loud at times. Occasionally we are reminded of some of the trade-offs of being in the middle of the hustle and bustle of downtown. During special events there may be road-closures or parking may be at a premium in the area. Nevertheless, the team and I hope to compensate for those items out of our control by making sure you arrive to a clean room and that you are engaged by a friendly associate team eager to make for a comfortable stay.
I will hold you to the title of your review ;-)

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

nice room great location easy walk down to the baseball park and the football fields a lot to do I'd come you're again, r 1 bed was really soft and uncomfortable are we all the bad that we tried was very firm and fine,a lot of restaurants and eating places to go to and Starbucks nearby.

• Stayed: July 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

corvette44,
Thank you for sharing feedback on your Courtyard experience. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while visiting Downtown Pittsburgh, and we’re glad you were able to take advantage of the variety of offerings around our hotel. Our location is a key attribute to providing our guests with endless opportunities of discovery throughout their stay. We hope you will return to venture out and continue to acquaint yourself with all that Downtown Pittsburgh has to offer. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I've stayed at a number of different Courtyard/Marriott hotels in my travels. This one is a gem. Conveniently located in the heart of the downtown area, it was walking distance to all my clients. There are also a number of nice restaurants located within a block of the hotel.

The staff was wonderful, and very accommodating. The room was pleasant and comfortable, and most of all, quiet! The cafe area is open for breakfast, but unlike some other Courtyard properties, they don't serve anything during the evening. There is a very nice restaurant attached to the hotel, though, Sonoma Grill, which I highly recommend.

I will definitely stay at this hotel on my next trip to Pittsburgh!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

tinkin3,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown. It’s wonderful to hear that our central location in the heart of downtown afforded you the convenience of being walking distance from your clients, as well as all the many dining options nearby. I’ll be certain to pass along your complimentary feedback to our friendly staff on their excellence in service and warm hospitality. We’re glad you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us and we hope you’ll return for another visit soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I spent the night with our 4 year old daughter for the 4th of July. The hotel location is great. Right next to the convention center, easy walking distance to all of the theaters, great restaurants, river walk and ball park. We walked to Point State Park and it wasnt far either.

The hotel seemed newly remodeled. Lobby was nice. The breakfast bar was perfect for the next morning, smoothies, oatmeal, grilled breakfast sandwiches, yogurt, fruit, etc and Starbucks.

We got a 4th floor, king size room overlooking the courtyard. Room was spacious, clean, the bathroom was really big.

I would definitely plan on staying here again, especially for a night after a theater show.

The interesting part of our stay was it coincided with the annual Furry Convention. People everywhere with tails and ears, or full on fur costumes. Very entertaining for us and our daughter.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank HappyRen123

HappyRen123,
We’re happy to hear from you, and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown. It’s great to know our central location provided many options and conveniences for your travel needs and you enjoyed an entertaining walk to our many area attractions with the Furry Convention in town. We appreciate your business and kind comments about our clean and spacious accommodations. We hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again for more family fun. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Marriott has three properties in downtown Pittsburgh and this is the first time we stayed at Courtyard. It has a younger crowd which makes sense because of the price. Courtyard is conveniently located near the culture district, shopping and the bridges to the north shore. It's also not far from the strip district or the bike trails.

The hotel is located on Penn Avenue and has valet parking. Valet service costs 16 + 6 tax + tip.

Internet service is free. There is a small market open 24/7 by the front desk where you can buy snacks. Buy bottled water if you want it because there are no free water bottles in the room.

We didn't try the restaurant but it has a good reputation with locals. They have free coffee in the lobby. There is also a Starbucks on site.

The hotel is clean. The room was nice but had no view. It looked out over the courtyard and at other room windows. The downside with this Marriott was the bed. We are so used to the extremely comfortable beds in Marriotts. This room did not have the usual Marriott bed. It was okay but not great.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DianeCips

DianeCipa,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay in our clean rooms and found our convenient location near the cultural district well suited for your travels. Your feedback and satisfaction is of greatest importance to us. We sincerely apologize that the comfort of our beds did not meet your expectations. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise and we hope you will have an opportunity to return for another visit. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

For not knowing where I was going, this Marriott Courtyard turned out to be a pleasant surprise, from the location to the quality of the room. If you're going to stay downtown, this would be a good choice for practically anyone. [Disclosure: I am a Marriott Silver Elite member]

For your consideration:
(1) My top floor room was huuuge ... lots of space in which to move around, and made to feel even more spacious by the high ceilings.
(2) Rooms on the north side (away from the street) face the Convention Center. The view is unexciting, but there's no street noise.
(3) There was no mini-bar or self-use fridge in my room (no hum during the night, yay!). I'm not sure if this is typical for all the rooms.
(4) Showers are excellent and have good water flow without having to crank up the pressure.
(5) There is free internet available next to the lobby, which made it very convenient for me to check messages on my way in or out of the hotel (I don't own a laptop or smart phone).
(6) Valet parking is $22/night with unlimited in-and-out. I was told that the nearest downtown self-parking lot was a couple blocks away, with a $10/entrance charge (note: I did not verify this myself).
(7) The hotel is situated on a street with a multitude of choices for dining/drinking. I stayed two nights and had dinner right across the street both nights.
(8) There are Metro stations a short walk away, and the ride is free if one stays within the central business district. Bus stops are all over the place. If you're energetic, walking is definitely an option if you need to get to the financial area near where the rivers meet.
(9) The front desk staff was awesome. Everyone I met was friendly and gave me great advice about getting around in the Pittsburgh area.
(10) My mid-week stay was just shy of $300 per night (including parking), which I consider average for a good downtown hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Jim L
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you so much for your review.
I loved your listing of notable items. Of course the source of celebration for us is number 9!
I am glad you found our hotel to be the complete package! At the end of the day we want our guests to make the most of their visit to our beautiful city, whether on business or leisure. We don't mind being a anecdote in the story as long as we leave a favorable impression, enough to make you return to us if your plans bring you back to the 'burgh!

Kindest Regards,