Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$229
$195
$142
$159
$143
  • Pool
Omni William Penn Hotel(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$174
$139
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
$204
$183
  • Pool
Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$107
$144
$112
$108
Doubletree.com
Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$163
$142
Hyatt.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshigh ceilingsconvention centercultural districtpenn avenuegreat locationpnc parktypical courtyardcourtyard marriottvalet parkingfront deskacross the streetwithin walking distancevalet serviceheinz fieldsteelers gamebars and restaurantsperfect stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 26, 2007

Stayed here for one night, but wish we'd stayed longer. The hotel was very nice, had a nice downtown location near restaurants and the staff was very friendly. The service here was terrific just for even the limited time we were here. Our hotel room was clean and well decorated as well. It was a little more expensive than I would usually want to pay though.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank inanity101
Reviewed October 10, 2007

Stayed at the Courtyard Pittsburgh Downtown for 3 nights. We had a very enjoyable stay. The hotel staff was very helpful in providing directions, booking an early morning cab to the airport and helping us with an early check-in on our arrival.

Our room was exceptionally clean and quiet throughout our stay. Nice ammenities in the hotel - free internet in the lobby, a useful tourist kiosk that provided maps and print-outs.

The location was very good - close walking distance to everything. If you stay here over a Sunday, you'll find the neighbourhood pretty quiet as many businesses and restaurants are closed. You may need to wander around a bit to find a place to eat or grab a coffee. We stayed here for a Steelers game and the hotel is a pleasant 20-25 minute walk from Heinz field.

Enjoyed the Sonoma Grille restaurant which is next door to the Courtyard. They have over 100 wines by the glass.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank halifaxns
Reviewed October 8, 2007

Okay, so I am impartial to ANY Courtyard Marriott, never have had a bad experience. However, this particular hotel went above and BEYOND my expectations. I stayed for a whole week, first time in Pittsburgh and it was wonderful. Great facilities, but the staff just absolutely made it great. Everyone, from the front desk to the valets to the housekeeping staff were knowledgeable and helpful.

I definately reccommend

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank rhodytravels
Reviewed October 5, 2007

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott for one night for business, and had a so-so experience. On the plus side, the hotel is in a great location in downtown Pittsburgh, the staff seemed to be helpful, and the hotel has a lot of nice little amenities, like free Internet access, free computers with printers in the lobby, lots of free coffee in the lobby in the AM, a little store for essential food items, a long list of TV channels, etc. On the downside, the room service did not work for me. The hotel has an arrangement with the Sonoma Grille on the first floor. So I pressed the in-room dining button on my phone and it connected me directly to the restaurant, but they put me on hold for over 5 minutes, so I finally gave up. Also, the gym is very small and thus has a limited supply of exercise equipment, and I found the room furnishings, linens, etc. to be just average.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank davidbruce
Reviewed September 30, 2007

We were in town for the weekend for a Saturday wedding and while in town decided to see the Pirates play on Friday night.

Convenient location - walking distance about 10 minutes to PNC field. Wedding reception was held at Heinz hall about a 5 minute walk. (took the free shuttle over to the reception as it was warm out and the girls had their heels on) Shuttle drive was quick etc. but I digress.

Arrived at the hotel on Friday at noon - valet took our bags and I proceeded to check in - room was ready so up we went to the 9th floor - bags arrived about a minute later. We had requested a rolloway bed for one of our children - that was delivered about a minute after the bags -- as the man was setting up the bed - I mentioned to my wife that there was no fridge -- he offered to go and get us a mini fridge - and came back with the fridge and a microwave.

Nice breakfast albeit a bit pricey at around $11.

High ceilings - nice clean modern rooms -- no noise to be heard from the hallway or outside (unlike the new hampton inn that my mother in law stayed at that had paper thin walls that you could hear the doors closing and room noise etc.

Very satisfied with the hotel and the staff - from the valet - to the front desk - maid service etc. -- would stay here again when in The Burgh.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family