“Sub experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Sub experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Really neat tour inside a real submarine. Hard to believe that people stayed there for long periods of time. Not for those who have issues with small/tight spaces.

Visited December 2011

East Liverpool, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Was shocked to see it. Hot day, but enjoyed every miniture of the adventure. I had never been on a sub - quite small inside and a wonder how our sailors managed on long trips. God Bless Them!!!

West Virginia
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“A Carnegie Science gem.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Very mind-opening experience imagining what it was like living in one of these cramped tin cans with a world at war. Great educational and historical exhibit that Pittsburgh is fortunate to have on it's rivers.

Visited December 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Tired old relic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

By default, this submarine is old - but little has been put into its maintenance over the years. Time for new exhibit at the children's museum.

Allegany, NY
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Naval Sub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

In town for a Pirates game. My wife and I where thinking of things to do during the day until the game that night. We walked by the USS Requin. I said hey lets go on. I was in the Navy, but on a surface ship. I had been on a Submarine once. Went and took the tour, very neat, and brings back alot of memories. Talked to the staff that was there. I think it would be cool for kids to go on. If you go on see if you can figure out how they get rid of the trash when they are under the water. I pointed it out to my wife and the staff person there said that I was one of very few people that knew that. I'll give you a hint. It is on the mess decks and look in the galley and then look behind you.

Visited August 2012