“Not the best not the worst”

Comfort Inn Conference Center
Ranked #57 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed there last week for 2 days. The day check-in staff was super sweet...think her name was Michelle. The night staff, not so much :( The hotel is near the main highway which is nice. For the most part it was clean. It is a bit outdated. The room was neat, the bathroom was extremely small. The cleaning staff never came by so we never received a cleaned room or fresh towels and toiletries.
The room does not have a microwave. There are no elevators so be prepared to carry ALL of your luggage up or down several stairs and to your room. At night it was noisy. The toilet kept making a bubbling sound and the walls are paper thin.
The breakfast is really good, sausage, eggs, waffles, toast, yogurt, cereal and more...but again the staff is only nice if you are a local folk...forget good service if you are not a regular or a local.
The restaurant closes very early.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank dr m
Cheryl B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thank you for writing. Your feedback is so important to us as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. I'm glad you enjoyed breakfast and found our food offerings to be plentiful. As well, thank you for mentioning that Michelle provided you with great service. We are very proud of our staff and I'm glad to know she was able to exceed your expectations. I will certainly share your comments with our entire staff as we all strive to provide that high level of service to each and every guest.
We are in the process of renovating our entire hotel and soon will have brand new rooms with new furnishings, fixtures, paint colors, carpeting and so much more. I hope you will consider staying with us again so that you can see all the changes and upgrades for yourself.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

After driving through a snow storm for most of the afternoon, it was a relief to find this hotel convenient to the highway. The staff was very friendly and helpful with a problem we had (not related to the hotel), our room was clean, well-furnished (comfortable bed) - good tv reception, internet. The price was right, too.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank February78

It's fantastic to hear you enjoyed a comfortable stay and found our accommodations and amenities well suited for your travels. We look forward to being of service to you again in the future!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is an older property, and needs a little buffing up, but the staff were ALL so helpful and friendly that we didn't mind a few dust bunnies in the corners. Every staff member that we met went out of their way to chat with us, and make sure that we had everything that we needed. There were two people who checked us in, and directed me to our room. The woman who brought in the crib for my granddaughter was absolutely delightful, and brought treats for her because it was her birthday. The bartender was extremely friendly, and I enjoyed talking with her. The woman at the breakfast buffet was also very friendly, and truly seemed to enjoy working there. There were only two things that kept me from giving it an excellent rating: There is no elevator, so we had to haul our luggage up the stairs and the room needed a good edge cleaning-there was a layer of dust along the baseboards beside the beds. Both of those were easily forgivable because of the caring staff. Parking was great, breakfast buffet was average, room was quiet. Price was great. We will stay there again on our next visit to Pittsburgh.

Room Tip: Room was large, but bathroom was tiny. There was a vanity just outside the bathroom door.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Barbara G

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your comments. I couldn't agree more that we have the best staff ever!! We all work very hard to maintain a culture of service and friendliness and we're thrilled that we were able to demonstrate that on your most recent trip.
As well, we sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations. Your feedback, both good and bad is important to us as guest satisfaction is our highest priority. We will certainly use it as we strive to improve our operations.
We hope you'll come back and visit soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Stayed here on an impulse first visit to Pittsburgh. Were attracted mostly by the price, but it turned out to be a perfectly comfortable night's stay. Melissa greeted us warmly at the front desk and provided information about the area. She also helped us find a room facing away from the highway. The room was very large, with a separate closet/dressing area and, although probably in need of modernizing, was fine. We did have an issue with setting the thermostat, but quickly figured it out. The property is situated on a hill right off the highway and was a quick 10-15 minute trip into the center of Pittsburgh.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank skramynnoj
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed in this hotel during Thanksgiving week. It was convenient to family, which is the only good thing I can say. The carpet was worn and dirty, the room service was less than desirable, the toilet ran after each use, the heating system was not correctly calibrated. It was impossible to set the temperature and know what it was. When I returned at 9:00pm on Thanksgiving, after being gone since 11:00am, the room had not been touched. After complaining, I was given a credit, but not enough to make me want to stay there again. I front desk told me that they were in the process of remodelling--that three rooms had been done (although the day before when I asked about changing rooms, I was told the remodel had not started) and they were determining which rooms on each wing would be remodelled. The next time, I'll drive a bit and stay in Monroeville.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Very helpful staff and fairly a nice location to downtown. Rooms were very comfortable and very clean. Have to say there beds are very very comfortable. Staff was very helpful with finding a good place for us to have dinner downtown.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Back in the day, this really must have been gorgeous, I bet it was the best place to stay in the area!! Now, it's clean, helpful staff, hot and plentiful breakfast, just not updated furnishings. For me, I'd rather have outdated furnishings and be able to afford to stay there. We ate at the motel restaurant, which I rarely do, but I was pleasantly surprised. Very conveniently located to Monroeville, without paying the Monroeville rates!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MrsWhittle72512
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburgh
Comfort Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Allegheny Valley
Residence Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville/Wilkins Township
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh - Monroeville
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#40 of 72 in Pittsburgh
Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh Monroeville

Been to Comfort Inn Conference Center? Share your experiences!