New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #58 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Los Angeles, California
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This property is very large and sprawling. The setting is lovely, on a hill, with many trees. The facility is a little shabby--the carpet looked very well used and there was a rip in the bed skirt. Due to the fact that it is built on a hill, there are several levels, with stairs between and no elevators! Also, no luggage carts. However the room was clean, a good size, and comfortable. I had a queen bed and a fold out couch. Maid service was slapdash--cups for coffee were not replaced after I had used them all the first night. The bathroom was incredibly tiny, and after I got in the tub, I realized that it was much smaller than standard size. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was great! Lots of selection, and a pleasant place to eat.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Dewitt, Iowa, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel was advertised as newly remodeled. Wallpaper peeling from walls, dirty carpet, and spiders in the room. If this was actually newly remodeled, the contractors need to be sued. The hotel was also advertised as having a large pool, which was a necessity for us since we were travelling with children. The pool was closed for maintenance. Room keys wouldn't work to get into the hotel and had to go back to front desk after a long walk to get keys reset...twice. One of the front staff was very rude and unsympathetic. I am extremely dissatisfied with this hotel. When we informed the front staff the pool was a requirement for us, they didn't seem to care and offered nothing as compensation for not having what was advertised and the general condition of the hotel being misrepresented. If I was in charge of customer relations, I definitely would not attach my name to this particular property. Again extremely dissatisfied.

Room Tip: Go Somewhere ELSE!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank David K
The Villages, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

$68 a night is better than the advertised $119, but it is clearly not a $119 hotel. Located convenient to the expressway to Pittsburgh and close to the Monroeville turnpike entrance, this venue offers adequate, but tattered lodging. Rooms are relatively clean, but the dust covered telephone was a give-a-way that the clean is not thorough. Lampshade is cracked and the room is dark despite seven lighting sources. Closet sliders are off-hinge. This venue needs some attention. Buffet breakfast provides toy-sized yogurt, cereal, sausage patties and scramble egg-like substance, toy-sized donuts, make-your-own waffles and choke-it-down coffee-like liquid.
But even if the price were $ 69, it would be nearly worth it.

Room Tip: bottom level has prevailing mold smell. Stay on the upper level
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank johnfjohnston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Everyone was pleasant - the desk personnel, cleaning staff and waitress.
The rooms were clean and comfortable. After traveling all day we didn't want to go out again. Dinner in the lounge was delicious. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We had to stay for night in Pittsburgh on Memorial Day , before helping our daughter move into her apartment in town the next day. We went to the hotel with a Hotel coupon. Michael at the reception was exceeding helpful with a 4 page list of dining options in the vicinity ( their in house restaurant was closed on account of the holiday ) . The rooms were large , clean, comfortable beds, clean sheets, towels and a very decent breakfast.
A footnote : we discovered four days later that my wife had lost misplaced her laptop sleeve , when we called the hotel on the off chance that they may have it , they promptly called us back after investigating and locations it. We went back today to get it .

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE...
NOT A SAFE NEIGHBORHOOD... NOT A CLEAN HOTEL.... NOT FRIENDLY LACK OF CARING ON STAFF'S PART SAVE ONE OR TWO.
Read on for full story.
Stayed in the hotel over the Memorial Day Weekend (5.24.13 to 5.27.13). We read the reviews and opted to stay here because of the price and the good to fair reviews that are up over the internet. But from the start things were bad... Dirty bathroom with hair left on the sink, floor, and bathtub... After cleaning it myself I found dead bugs in the corner of the bathroom floor.
We had little issue on Friday and Friday night.. but Saturday was horrid! The hotel was full up with two weddings. I am a reasonable person who likes to have my fun too but when you have patrons of the hotel raging, cursing, and running up and down the halls at 1 am, 2 am, and 3 am its a problem. I called at 3 am and told the front desk... gave it a half an hour and had to call again. The front desk girl was trying hard, I will give her that one but she didn't come down to see on the first request. At the second call she told me that she looked on the cameras and saw nothing. I told her that it was not getting better. I don't want to put some one in a dangerous position but you have to do your job. She called me back and told me that all was taken care of, yes the guests were out of control and if it continued they would be out. She did a good job... when I prompted her on the second call.
We spoke to Michelle on 5.26.13 in the am and told her what happened... she was very polite and said yes last night's events had been a problem. She said she would comp us THAT night and we thanked her... It was the right thing to so.
Fast forward to check out... the girl (Forgive me... I don't remember her name but she was tan, had blue eyes and two toned blonde and brown hair) was very rude... she told us that the notes said the hotel would comp the 5.27.13 night... not the 26th when the issue happened. This was because the rate dropped from the 26th to the 27th... ten dollars.
This is a common practice for business to try and save themselves the money by dropping the lowest costing night or item.. I understand but that is not what was promised by Michelle on Sunday morning. The blonde ... not michelle... the proceeded to act as if she had no idea about the rate change! This is a lie... And lying to people when you are representing a business is wrong! She either does not care about her job or is just horrid at her job! I was thinking about talking to the Manager over this but ... the power of a review does more!
DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sarah R
Oshawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed here for one night. We certainly enjoyed our stay.
Room was clean, bedsheets, blankets clean and smelled fresh, comfortable bed. We had a wonderful sleep.
Breakfast the next day was delicious. We has numerous items to choose from.
The staff was very courteous and helpful! We will certainly recommend this hotel to others.
Also, anybody going to the SV Temple, this hotel is 10 mins drive away and very convenient!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Corey B, Manager at Comfort Inn Conference Center, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank for your nice comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad you found our accommodations to be clean and comfortable and most especially that you got a good nights sleep while you were staying with us. As well, I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast buffet and found the choices to be plentiful. Thank you for mentioning our close proximity to the SV Temple. Our location and full service amenities make us a perfect choice for Temple visitors.
We look forward to welcoming you back!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburgh
Comfort Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Allegheny Valley
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#46 of 68 in Pittsburgh
4.0 of 5 stars 29 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn Conference Center? Share your experiences!