“Excellent Hotel”

Comfort Inn Conference Center
Ranked #57 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The hotel staff were very friendly and polite. We didn't have a reservation when we arrived, so they assisted us in making one. It had all of the things you want in a hotel. Spotlessly clean, a delicious (and free!) breakfast located in their immaculate dining area, beautiful and big swimming pool and hot tub. All of the rooms, hallways, and the pool and work out room were very clean and nice. The beds were very comfortable room and the hotel seemed very secure. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stopped over there on the way back from Washington and it was a pleasant experience. the hotel is located right off the main road, but it is about 200 feet up the hill, which makes it for a nice secluded and save atmosphere. The rooms are small and slightly outdated but clean and beds are comfy. They have a really nice pool area with full size pool and an arcade room. Nice hot breakfast and great views.

Room Tip: Top floor, south side of the building has a nice view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have stayed here 4 times a year for the past 4 years (son at CMU) single nights in Dec & Jan and 3-4 nights in May & Aug. If it was not worth it I would not keep going back. The Indigo Restaurant is good, they make everything fresh so it takes some time but it is worth it, the breakfast buffet is small but again it is good, the waitresses are always smiling and cheerful (not overly cheerful which is a little rough in the morning), The coffee is good & hot, even when there is a crowd they have not run out of anything.
The rooms are comfortable and affordable. It is an older Hotel and every once in awhile a little some thing looks worn, but otherwise it is my go to Hotel in Pittsburgh.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Comfort Inn Conference Center has it all: value, great food, nice rooms, outstanding staff, and convenient location. I've been holding educational events at this facility for a number of years, and I'm always eager to return. My last event was December 5, and the it was an unexpected surprise when upon arrival, the Holiday was in full swing. Beautiful. Working with Cheryl to plan the event is effortless. An email or two, and everything is arranged. The front desk staff~exceptional. I usually arrive the night prior close to midnight, and always greeted with warmth. Leo makes sure I have help with unloading and transfer of convention materials to the downstairs, and the late-shift banquet set-up guys tolerate my intrusion with friendly banter. The food is really another star of this facility. Ray, the banquet captain lends steady, reliable, and friendly support to my event. Another favorite of mine is the on-site restaurant and bar staffed with a very efficient and friendly barkeep! My enrollment numbers are consistently elevated when holding an event, here. Convenient location, great food, exceptional service. Thank you! We'll be back.... soon!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I had our wedding reception here in August 2011. Honestly, it was the best deal we could have ever asked for. The package included everything from the food, alcohol, cake, and flowers/centerpieces. Cheryl, the wedding coordinator, was amazing. Everything i wanted, she made happen. Her and her team set everything up just the way i imagined. We ordered chair covers and bows through them

We had the reception in the room downstairs (the bigger one) and it was perfect. It was summer so they set up tables and stuff outside. the appetizers and the bar and the cookies were set up outside of the room so there were more tables and room for the dance floor. It was the perfect place because people could reserve rooms to stay over there because of the drinking, which made me happy. They actually blocked off as many rooms as i wanted and when people called to book a room, they just referred to our wedding party and they got a discount.

THE FOOD WAS AMAZING. i have never heard so many compliments on our food from the wedding. every guest was so happy. we had the chicken cordon bleu and the steak and crab stuffed shrimp... mmmm delicious. (and the food tasting was fun too :-))

the cake was from fenoglietto's and it was delicious. we did the cake tasting and decided on white batter with lemon and strawberry filling -- HEAVEN! Theyw orked with the florist, double tulip Also, we wrapped our topper to save to eat on our anniversary and it tasted just as good. I even brought it in for my work friends because there was so much left over and it tasted so fresh.

the package we opted for included fresh flower centerpieces and they were everything i asked for. Susie (Rest in Peace) and her team were amazing. Everything was gorgeous she did a lovely job.

If you're looking for a wedding reception venue i would definitely consider the comfort inn. The rooms aren't that great, but the wedding reception accommodations are perfect andfor a great price.

If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer - just messsage me!

Thank you Cheryl and everyone at the Comfort Inn for making our big day amazing!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank melissa a
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Lets just say that Barb and I spent our Christmas Holiday in Pittsburgh, PA (Dec. 5th to the 9th - 2102), and we had a great time. If I had known what I was getting into, I would have booked the 4 nights here instead of only the first 2. Also a warning if you are using Google Map. The directions were not the problem, they were all correct. Google Map gives you the impression that everything is flat. Pittsburgh is not flat. It roads are like a wild roller coaster ride, trying to confuse you. Just do your research and follow Google map.

Through Kayak, I found this hotel available for only $80 a night, with a King size bed. Using my AAA card, it came down to just under $70 a night. But, that is not the best part. My wife has arthritic knees, and hard for her to walk up and down steps. In mentioning this to the front desk, 10 days before arriving, they put us in a central location, with direct access to the parking lot (via the sliding door of our room #233).

At first, I was unsure, but it was just perfect. I would just park the car in our parking space, walk inside and open up the door to our room, walk to the sliding door and open it, and with that, Barb only had to walk 7 steps to get into our room. Once inside, if we went to the lobby, the bar/restaurant or indoor pool, the most that she would have is 12 steps to go up or 12 steps to go down. It was perfect.
The Holiday decorations were minimal and cheap.

Now to the good parts.
Phipps Conservatory, Pittsburgh Zoo/Aquarium, Kennywood Amusement park, and Oglebay resort were easy to get to, using this hotel location. Interstate 376 is a fast moving highway, and you have to be on your toes.
The indoor pool is wonderful, clean, and just the right temperature. I couldn't find a goose bump anywhere. Reclining chairs on the 2 long sides, along with tables with umbrella's, and chairs. If you swim pool laps, there are 4 lanes in this one. The pool starts at waist deep, half way is 6 feet, and the far end is 10 feet deep. After an hour in the pool, we went into the Jacuzzi Hot Tub. There is a timer to set, located on the near wall, with instruction for your own safety. The Photo of the Pool, on their web site is accurate.

Showers and changing room/bathrooms are inside and just around the corner.

Breakfast brings the treat. What we had in front of us was fresh made Belgian Waffles, fluffy hot eggs, grilled sausage patties, bagels, cereal, fresh made coffee, tea, orange juice, muffins...
For us, we couldn't ask for more. If you wanted to go out to eat, just take Rt. 791 south to the "T", and make a left onto William Penn Highway. About a mile down the road, you will see fast food restaurants starting with Wendy's and Applebee's on the right side, all the way up the hill to a Golden Corral on the left side (lunch till 4 p.m., all you can eat for under $7).

Now, back to the Comfort Inn. The room was bland, and the bathroom was small. The TV remote was slow. The wall heating system does go "on and off", but only if you allow it to. We like our room to be on the cool side, so we use the heater until we are ready to go to sleep. Just put the unit on "fan", and it will circulate the air that is already in the room. At 7 a.m., it was 65 degrees in our room. Also, the hum of the fan working allowed us to have a great sleep.

The King size bed was good, and I could not detect Barbara getting out of or into bed. Good pillows, but a questionable bed cover............until we tried it. Once you get under the covers, you feel a radiant warmth within seconds. We did not feel any temperature changes in the room, because of the bed covers.

There is a lock/safety bar attached to the sliding door, to keep it from being opened from the outside.
Our room chair was really comfy, and the lights all worked.

Now, for the last couple of details. Do not expect much from the carpet. It is functional, but keep in mind that it has a sliding door to deal with. When you have rainy weather, you will most likely drag water and leaves (dirt) with your shoes. It is unavoidable, and forgivable.

Why forgivable? Because of the heated indoor pool, the thoughtful attention of the attendant at the front desk for our room, the direct access to Interstate 376, for the working traffic lights that get you onto Rt. 791, and the $20 I saved for not going outside for breakfast. I also forgot to mention the free newspaper (from a choice of 3 different ones). Plus- Free access to the computer, just to the left of the lobby desk. This brings my daily room rate to about $50 a night, for 2 people.

Would I go again? Absolutely yes.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JerryandBarb8
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Was just at this hotel and was surprised how nice it was. Others seemed to not give it high marks but we (a friend and I) needed a place to stay during a visit to a Pitts. hosp. and choose this because it was only about 15-20 min. away but not all the way into Pitts. proper. It was nicely outfitted with lovely marble topped tables and dresser. Bath area nice and clean. Room was nice and clean and comfy. Breakfast was nice and the pool is awesome. Actually was as warm as advertised and I love that especially on a Nov. day when I want to stretch myself out in the water and not freeze. Hot tub nice and not too hot to enjoy. Pool was however very far from room so bring a cozy robe or towel to walk back with because even though the pool is warm it is a good walk from the room. Price was quite decent and fair. Overall good stay.

Room Tip: Tried to get one closer to pool but they said they were not available. Would have liked that but our...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends