“Not worth the money”

Ranked #55 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Toronto, Canada
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed here on Friday night. The walls are so thin, you can hear people talking in the lobby, and the TV noise from next door. asked for a non smoking room, and the door sign says it is a non smoking but the bed was smelling cigarette. Paid $113 per night, very unhappy and not worth it. The place looks like it will run down and needs major renovation. Only advantage is it is close to highway.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank David S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
central pa
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a quick family trip to visit the Pittsburgh Zoo and catch a Pirates game. Our room was clean. The breakfast which was included was a great money saver for our family and everyone found something they liked. Our kids also enjoyed the large indoor pool. This is a good hotel for the money. My only complaint was that we requested a roll-away bed and it was never delivered to the room. We were too tired when we arrived to wait for it. We had to request that the extra charge for the bed be removed from our bill.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 3mldzz
Maryland, United States
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stayed at this hotel recently (August 2012). The hot breakfast was very nice. It included your choice of waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, cereal, toast/bagels, oatmeal, or yogurt. It was very tasty.

As for our room-it was clean-minus the floor which was stained-needs new carpet. Otherwise the room had been upgraded nicely. The shower had great pressure and even had a massage shower head which was nice. The beds were on the small side-I doubt greatly that those beds were really double beds-maybe full-maybe. Though the beds were comfy and they had 4 pillows each which was VERY nice.

The staff was very kind anytime I dealt with them.

The pool was large, but needs attention. The one part was painted over and the paint was peeling pretty badly-which was evident when we got out of the pool and had paint chips on ourselves (my children were in the shallow end hanging on the wall a lot and that's why I think the paint chips got on them because that's were the wall was). The hot tub was nice.

The location wasn't bad. It took us about 20 minutes to get to the Science Center in town-and about 20 minutes to the zoo as well. I know it's a bit out of the way-but it was cheaper than staying in town and it was nice to be out of town a little.

There were a lot of stairs-which being ill at the time of our trip made it a bit of a challenge. Thankfully we didn't have too many to our room but if we had a room on a different floor it could have been an even bigger challenge. The hotel itself is VERY large!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Audrey S
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Second stay at a Choice property during my vacation was at the Comfort Inn Conference Ctr 7/27-7/30. The first was the MainStay Suites in Charlotte NC. Decent accomodations yet a little out of the way if you're not familiar with the area. I'm actually from Pgh (this area specifically) so this wasn't an issue for me. The morning staff of "Kim and Debbie" were very accomodating and got a room ready early (11:30 ish) for me. My arrival plans changed and I actually got to town at 9am and had no where else to go until check in time. That time is usually 3pm so I was appreciative for the earlier check in. Complimentary hot breakfast was a nice touch and free parking never gets old lol. Rm# 168 is on the ground level of bldg C. It was quiet and faced the back with a sliding glass door to the outside. The main draw back for me was the stairs! :( One flight down to enter the bldg then two more down to the room; and of course back up again.... The arthritis in my knees was not so happy! lol The property also has a restaurant and bar which is cool if you don't want to venture out. Overall another decent stay in a clean room with a HOT shower and good pressure. So far that's 2 for 2 at a Choice property.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank AJ2634
Villa Hills
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

This is a huge compex that is showing its age. Pool needs definite attention, floor is gross! Rooms have been remodeled and are nice and clean. A huge hot breakfast is included and made the whole stay worthwhile. Super family friendly. I heard a dog barking down the hall, must allow pets, too.

• Stayed August 2012
RTP, North Carolina
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I only stayed one night but it was good. Reasonable price $100/night. No road noise. No hearing through walls. There wasn't really anything impressive about this hotel. It is a good value for the price. I would come back and stay here for sure.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank koalabear991
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed here for two nights in a wedding block of rooms. This is a two-star hotel that got bumped up a star because of the staff.

When I checked in (after midnight) the room was otherwise clean, but the sink drained very slowly and was full of hair from a previous occupant shaving (see picture), and the toilet had paper floating in it (just paper, but it hadn't been flushed). My ground-floor room smelled faintly damp, and was generally pretty dreary. The TV was broken, though I didn't notice this until just before check-out.

On the plus side, the staff were very responsive and helpful, got the sink issue fixed immediately when I mentioned it the next morning. They also provided printed driving directions into town because a major highway was closed that weekend - much appreciated. The buffet breakfast was nothing special, but it was nice to have. The hotel also provided shuttle service to and from the wedding site; the driver was punctual and friendly.

Overall, the rooms were worse than what I was expecting in this type of hotel, but the staff was better. With taxes it came to $100/night even including the wedding block discount and a discount they gave me because of the sink. That didn't seem like a particularly good value either, but I don't have a lot of experience with hotels in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburgh
Comfort Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Allegheny Valley
Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh Monroeville
Residence Inn Pittsburgh Monroeville/Wilkins Township
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#5 of 12 in Monroeville
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Monroeville Convention Center
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Monroeville

Been to Comfort Inn Conference Center? Share your experiences!