“Must Be Missing Something Here”

Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside
Ranked #41 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Okay. I have hundreds of thousands of Marriott reward points and I thought this Courtyard was average at best. Linens and towels in our rooms were badly worn. Furniture was banged up pretty good and the air conditioning unit was a mess. In fact, the rattling and the noise were just awful. One reviewer talked about hearing emergency vehicles since the hotel is adjacent to a hospital. Clearly, our air conditioning unit took care of that issue.

Positives...very nice front desk folks and a Starbucks on site.

Maybe Mr.Marriott can spring for some new towels. I use better towels to wash my cars. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

BTrun78,
Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you've come to expect from us. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We hope you will return and see our improvements. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I really love staying in the big Marriotts downtown. They give great service and have great facilities. This Courtyard had all that the big guys have to offer.

The location is great, close to where I was meeting. Not easy to find but that is more about Pittsburgh topography than it is about the hotel.

The staff is absolutely top notch, very friendly and helpful. The valet was backed up so the Ops Manager came out and tagged my car for me. Nice touch. He even directed me to a little pizza place with really good food and delivery.

I even give them bonus points for having a real breakfast in the morning rather than the Cafe thign that so many Courtyards have gone to.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

NorthCostGuy,
Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your experience with us at Courtyard Shadyside. I’m pleased to hear our friendly service made for an enjoyable stay and our convenient location suited your travel needs. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

The hotel staff was great! It was clean. And it was walking distance to pnc park which was our reason for the visit. The pool was located on the same floor as our room which was great for our son. The shuttle service was nice and the drivers were beyond nice and helpful

• Stayed: July 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

leone63,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Courtyard Shadyside. We appreciate you selecting our hotel for your visit to Pittsburgh and PNC Park. It’s great to hear your son enjoyed the pool and you found our clean hotel, friendly staff, and convenient location well suited for your travels. We hope you’ll have an opportunity to visit us again for more family fun. Thank you again for writing.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I spent one night at the Courtyard by Marriott in Shadyside. The desk clerk was very friendly and accomodating and upgraded us to a king bed as soon as I asked. Every single employee greeted us with a friendly greeting and smile. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I was especially pleased that they offer free wifi in the room - so many hotels I've stayed in recently charge for the wifi. I would definitely stay here again, the next time I am in Pittsburgh.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

jankow5,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us at Courtyard Shadyside. I’m happy to hear our friendly staff, comfortable accommodations, and complimentary wifi made for an enjoyable stay. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to Pittsburgh. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

As a PITT Parent, I was once again in town to see my son. This Courtyard by Marriott is by far my favorite hotel to stay when I am in Oakland, Shadyside, or anywhere else near Pittsburgh. The place has everything; clean comfortable rooms, friendly attentive staff and what you come to expect in a good hotel. It has been some time since I wrote a review of this Courtyard by Marriott, but It seems to get better and better. NEW addition is the bar. Yes, they now have a liquor license, it is nice to get a drink when you want one. Parking Valet's were quick to get your car for you. Parking here is pricey but no worse than any other good hotel in Pittsburgh. Just a fact of life when in town. I will always stay at this Courtyard by Marriott when I come to Pittsburgh, you have my business for life. Thank-you.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

PITTparent,
It’s great to hear from you! Thank you for writing a review and sharing your experience with us at Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside. We appreciate your patronage and kind comments about our clean and comfortable accommodations, as well as our friendly staff. I’m glad you like the addition of the bar and having the option to sit down for a drink during your stay. Please continue to make us your number one choice hotel in Pittsburgh. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The hotel staff was very professional and friendly. The rooms ready and clean. The staff was very accommodating to our needs around graduation needs. The lobby area was open and bright.

All in all, they did excellent work.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GBNJ
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

GBNJ,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside. We appreciate your kind comments about our clean accommodations and friendly staff. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our staff accommodating to your requests. We’re happy to have had you has our guest, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

My son and I were visiting CMU so he could decide as a recently admitted student, if this is the right college for him. This stressful decision called for a great nights sleep and this hotel delivered! The staff was friendly, the hotel is clean and the beds were super comfortable. The rooms darkening curtains were perfect and there was no noise making it a very restful night. There is a Starbuck's adjacent to the hotel and a Panera Bread down the block which we love. The hotel is in a quiet area that is very close to a cute shopping street in the Shadyside area, as well as close to CMU and to the downtown area as well. This worked perfect for our needs. If my son decides on CMU we will stay here again for sure:)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joanne K
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Floridiantraveler50,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us at Courtyard Shadyside. I hope you had a wonderful time visiting CMU, and I’m happy to hear that we were able to provide a comfortable stay after a stressful day of decision making. We appreciate your kind comments about our hotel and friendly staff. It’s great to know our hotel was perfectly located for your travel needs. Good luck to your son on making his big decision. We vote for CMU and hope you’ll be visiting us again soon. Thank you again for writing.