“Good business travel hotel”

Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside
Ranked #40 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice now and have had a positive experience each time.
The hotel staff was unfailingly polite and helpful. I was greeted every time I entered the hotel by the front desk staff. The valet parking staff did an excellent job of anticipating my needs and meeting them. Room service was excellent for the service. The food from the hotel restaurant was just OK, but the quantity of food and lower price relative to other hotels made up for that.
There is a Starbucks attached to the hotel by a door from the inside and a Panera less than two blocks away.

Room Tip: A higher floor will get you marginally less street noise. Smaller rooms with a balcony will be wort...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

MOP4440,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you choosing our Courtyard when staying in the Pittsburgh area. I'm glad you felt welcomed and well taken care of by our friendly staff. We hope you'll continue to visit us when traveling in this area. We enjoyed your company and hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed at this property because the hotel donated a night for a charity auction and we purchased it in order to support the charity. I was traveling with my daughter. The route to the hotel was a little questionable. Since we did not know the city we were a little concerned on our drive to the property. Fortunately, a short distance from the hotel the neighbourhood improved significantly. We were quite relieved. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful and directed us to a nice restaurant for dinner. The room was spacious and clean and quite comfortable. If I return to Pittsburgh this hotel will be on my list.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

TravelGirl181747,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside. We appreciate your charity support, and we're glad you chose to stay with us. I'm pleased to know that you and your daughter had a nice, pleasant stay with us. I hope you made some great memories and enjoyed your time together. Should your travels bring you back to our area, we hope you'll stop and visit us again. Thanks again.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had to make a quick trip to Pittsburgh and so I was able to get a good price from Priceline to stay here. The room was clean, comfortable, and well furnished. Climate control was easily adjustable and comfortable. The staff was friendly and accommodating. While breakfast is not included, the buffet downstairs is quite good and reasonably priced. Beware of the mandatory valet parking at about $20 a day (including tax). If you plan on spending more than one night there you may want to find an alternative parking arrangement.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

R6Man,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you stayed with us at Courtyard. I'm pleased to know that you liked our clean, comfortable rooms, friendly staff, and delicious breakfast. We're glad you made a quick trip to Pittsburgh and stayed with us! Please plan to visit us again. We look forward to it.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I booked two rooms for visiting family members, and needed for one of the rooms to be accessible for my mother. The booking agent and all of the folks at the front desk could not have been more helpful with room selection options and check-in. The hotel is is very nice and well-maintained; the location was perfect; the price reasonable. But what really stands out is the staff. Thank you for being so welcoming!

Room Tip: They are extremely accommodating for guests with special needs.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

margielee,
We were delighted to have you and your family stay with us at Courtyard. I'm glad to hear that our staff was able to accommodate your family, and I'm pleased you enjoyed their warm and welcoming assistance. We enjoyed your company and hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

My father scheduled a knee replacement at Shadyside Hospital in January. As we live 60 miles away and winter weather could be a challenge my parents and sister stayed at the Courtyard the night before surgery and for the next two nights.

On check in the staff was very attentive to the needs of 80 year olds without being noisy. Clear and thoughtful descriptions were given on how to best get to the hospital the next morning. The front desk manager explained that the room change from suite to regular room when Dad was in the hospital could be at any time during the day and help was always available.

The meals were great but most appreciated was the kind attention in a stressful time. Surgery went well and check out was on time. Thank you Marriott.

Room Tip: The 6th floor suite had a great view of East Liberty
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

John R,
We're glad to hear from you and learn of your pleasant stay with us. I'm pleased to know that our staff was attentive to your needs, and I'm especially pleased to know that we were able to provide a comfortable place for you and your family to rest. I'm glad to hear that your Dad is recovering well. Thank you again.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

The hotel offers free shuttle service to nearby areas like CMU and Shadyside. Sometimes, the wait for a driver and/or a shuttle can be quite long though. Once, when my husband and I had been waiting for an hour, one of the supervisors, Selim, offered to drive us to our destination. He certainly went beyond the call of duty. He is an asset to the hotel.
The manager, Alex, is very friendly. Her presence during our check-in process made us feel at home instantly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Carol L
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard Pittsburgh Shadyside, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Carol L,
It is wonderful to hear from you. We appreciate your kind words, and we're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Courtyard Shadyside. Thank you for remembering us personally and taking the time for the personalized review. We think of our hotel as our home tool and we always celebrate, as a team, when we have succeeded in passing that along to our guests! We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you back.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

They explained everything at check-in, kept my luggage for me after checkout time, and had a nice lobby, a functioning workout room and a good breakfast. There was a small store with food in the lobby, which was helpful for dinner. The neighborhood seemed nice. I can't find anything to complain about.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank SuperPicnicWoman

SuperPicnicWoman,
Thank you for your review. We're glad to have had you as our guest, and we're delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and took the time to let us know. I will make sure to share this with our team to see the impact all their hard work and dedication has on the guest experience! I hope you get a chance to stay with us again in the near future.
Alex Starr