Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Reviewed 5 days ago
arternesto
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
via mobile
It was a good walking exercise!

Reviewed 6 days ago

More Info
from $99.00
More Info
1,782 results
All reviews polar bear sea lions kids kingdom wide variety of animals natural habitat baby elephant animal exhibits elephants enclosures tiger escalator tank carousel tunnel species membership viewing
Reviewed 4 days ago

I have been to quite a few zoos, large and small. I was disappointed by the Pittsburgh zoo and how uninspired it looked. The animals looked bored and sleeping. There was no enrichment in the cages to keep them busy. Some cages were definitley too small with a dirt floor only. Nothing to crawl up, down, or inside for interest In the ape house, it was dark, with only small areas that again, had nothing of interest to keep the gorillas or monkeys busy as they would be in the wild. The gorilla indoor cage was one of the most depressing things I have ever seen at a zoo/ Dimly lit and I pittied what there days must be like.There wasn't even a single window to allow for natural light to come in. Beyond the people that take your money when you enter or if you wanted to buy food, there was not a keeper to be seen. At most zoos you see staff actively working in their areas for the care of their animals. I would never recommend this zoo as a good experience for learning about animals. Philadelphia zoo is worth the trip and the money for a positive experience for animals and people alike.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

I visited This location for a friends wedding . It was soo amazing and the venue it self was fantastic. Great food and atmosphere.

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

The zoo was pretty big. A lot of animals. My husband and I enjoyed the walk we had in the zoo. I would go back again when it’s warmer.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I was disappointed in this zoo. Animals appear to be healthy but the enclosures could definitely be better. I felt bad for most of the animals so instead of a fun trip it was pretty depressing.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We decided to go to the zoo on a cooler fall day instead of like always going on a hot and humid day! Some sections of the zoo have really gone by the wayside. Really disappointed that the area where all the bears used to be at is overgrown with weeds with no animals there. All in all the zoo is a great place to spend 2-3 hours with the kids. There are some areas that really nee to be updated, they were the same as when I was a kid 20 years ago.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family visited the zoo and aquarium while visiting Pitt over the summer. Very nice place to visit. Highly recommend. Excellent!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

For the past 4 years I have been buying the years subscription to this fabulous place. My daughter and I love to take her 4 kids (ages 8, 6, 4, &2) They get to set the pace and decide on the direction, and off we go. Definitely stroller friendly, and they love the aquarium! Lunch can be a little pricey but the food is very good and large quantity.So many animals, and every time we go we get to see something different.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The staff was very polite, friendly and helpful. The day we were there, it was warm. So, by the time we got to the aquarium, we were looking for something to drink. However, where we tried to get drinks, we were turned away because they were not ready. We did not get there until sometime after it opened, so, that should not have happened. However, we were directed to a water fountain in a nearby building - problem solved and it didn't cost us a penny! Just because it was after Labor Day does not mean we should be considered 'Second class visitors'. Hardly anything was open, gift shops included. There should be 'warnings' about the inclines especially for those with strollers and medical conditions. I was exhausted! So, I do not believe I enjoyed it as I 'should have'.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I really love zoosk and have been to many. This one ranks near the top of those I've seen! We went on a cooler cloudy day and the animals were pretty active which made it very fun! Even if it hat been warmer though the tree-shaded walkways would have been fine. All of the enclosures were large and comfortable for the animals, but also easily accessible to viewers since there were many observation areas. Most of them had a large window where the animals could (and did!) Come right next to you! There was a baby standing right next to the window with a tiger whose face was as big as him stood there looking at him! The tubes for the sea lions was really cool! The polar bear wasn't out but I can imagine it would have been an awesome sight being "submerged" together! The aquarium was an added bonus! There were tables and chairs being set up for a reception which would have been cool!

Since it wasn't peak season and during the week and cooler most of the vendors were closed. The water fountains were few and far between. I should have brought water with me since we walked a lot! But overall it was one of the best zoo experiences we've had!

Reviewed October 7, 2018

We were looking forward to visit the zoo with our toddler. We had a 50% reciprocity discount with our local zoo membership. We were a bit disappointed on the zoo portion as some of the exhibits were neglected. The grounds are quite compact and is not worth paying for the zoo transportation. We enjoyed very much the aquarium. is not a large building but exhibits were nicely displayed.

Parking is free. We were glad that we didn't pay full price. Have to take an elevator from the ticket entrance to go up to the zoo.