“Great for all ages!”

Children's Museum of Pittsburgh
Ranked #22 of 192 things to do in Pittsburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hi! We're having a great time at Children's Museum of Pittsburgh and the only thing missing is you. MAKESHOP, our tinkering space, has real tools and materials such as wood, sewing machines, hammers, nails, a loom, animation station and more. Jump right in, that circuit isn't going to build itself! The Art Studio is calling for your creative energy to design and ink a silkscreen, paint, sculpt clay and create something unique alongside the many working artists who visit. Young ones, you are royalty in the Nursery, a space filled with colors, shapes and textures perfect for your growing minds and bodies. The Attic, Garage and Waterplay (because it's just not fun until your underwear is soaked) round out the permanent exhibits. But not so fast. From marching bands, slam poets and cultural traditions to letters that fall from the ceiling and a crawling maze made out of packing tape, our temporary exhibits, performers, programs, artists-in-residence and artwork are particularly awesome too. If we don't hear the protests of departing kids at the end of each day, we're not doing our jobs right.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Great exhibits, and even the food is very good! I have two sons, 11 and 5, and they both find something they like!

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"year olds"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed February 17, 2013

For the $51 we spent I was not impressed. I was thinking this would be a great place since my kids love The Strong Museum of play in Rochester, NY and we could spend the whole day there...open to close....and still not do everything. My kids were pretty much done after about 1.5hrs. And my kids are not old...2.5 and 5. I would considering going to this if it wasn't so much money! Not worth the money spent to me.

1  Thank Pamela J
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We were going to go to Carnegie Science center but with a 3 yr old we heard this place was geared more toward children under 6 and decided to check it out. So glad we did!!
Excellent exhibits for toddlers. One suggestion though, do the art room first so your projects will sit and dry while you are exploring. And also parking was very limited, lot was full and actually had to wait for cars to leave, but if it were warm weather I am sure you could walk from other nearby parking.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We totally enjoyed our day at the Children's Museum. My granddaughter was fully immersed in all of the activities.....many centered around learning.