“One of the Best”

Children's Museum of Pittsburgh
Ranked #22 of 180 things to do in Pittsburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hi! We're having a great time at Children's Museum of Pittsburgh and the only thing missing is you. MAKESHOP, our tinkering space, has real tools and materials such as wood, sewing machines, hammers, nails, a loom, animation station and more. Jump right in, that circuit isn't going to build itself! The Art Studio is calling for your creative energy to design and ink a silkscreen, paint, sculpt clay and create something unique alongside the many working artists who visit. Young ones, you are royalty in the Nursery, a space filled with colors, shapes and textures perfect for your growing minds and bodies. The Attic, Garage and Waterplay (because it's just not fun until your underwear is soaked) round out the permanent exhibits. But not so fast. From marching bands, slam poets and cultural traditions to letters that fall from the ceiling and a crawling maze made out of packing tape, our temporary exhibits, performers, programs, artists-in-residence and artwork are particularly awesome too. If we don't hear the protests of departing kids at the end of each day, we're not doing our jobs right.
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I went here with my 20 month old daughter. I was nervous she'd be too little but she had a blast. and there was so much for her to do. It was relatively cheap for us. She was free since she's under 2 and I paid $13 for me and $5 to park. Not bad at all. Food prices at the cafe weren't too bad either. We had a sandwich, milk, water and banana and paid $6. Less than I'd expect from a place like this. I can see where it might get a little pricey with a few older kids though. I'd say this place is ideal for kids about 18 months - 6/7. Older kids would probably be bored as there isn't quite as much for the older ones. . We went on a weekday in the winter, so there weren't very many people there and parking was ample. We spent 4 hours before my daughter was bored. We will definitely visit again when we are in the area!

1  Thank reviewer0946
There are newer reviews for Children's Museum of Pittsburgh

Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

We had a great time. We could have spent a week there. They are replacing the water visit so it will be closed from Jan 28-April 1st.

1  Thank WVUInIraq
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is a nice place if you only go once. When we got there, many of the things were closed already, like the art center because of a birthday party. Also, the attractions, etc. are the same as they have been for years. Kind of tired of the same old stuff.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

this place is very fun. Kids of all ages really like it! havent gone lately but will be soon taking my one year old. just dreading to pay so much and paying to park too...

2  Thank Erin B
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is a smaller, more manageable children's museum for a young child. My daughter is 3.5, and is able to do most of the activities. I could see it being a bit boring for the older kid, however.She had a ball, TONS of stuff to do. Maybe a little expensive, but they do allow you to come and go so you can have lunch elsewhere or take a break. Parking is reasonable, but there are meters all around the museum. easy access