“PNC park - great place to watch a ballgame!”
Review of PNC Park

and up
Private Pittsburgh City Tour
Ranked #1 of 181 things to do in Pittsburgh
More attraction details
Owner description: This retro, yet modern, urban park incorporates classic design elements with modern amenities for both spectators and athletes.
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Great time - the view from behind home plate is terrific. Pittsburgh in general was a nice, clean town (my first real visit here) and PNC park complements if very well. We went this past weekend and the cold front had just come through - I can't hold that against the park, but if it had been 75degree's?? maybe I'd give it a 5star. Biggest reason I did NOT give it a 5star is that I think it is comparable to other modern MLB parks. Tripadvisor has this reference to ESPN voting it best - I think comparable is better. My team got killed, but the Pirates were hitting well, so we got to watch them and be entertained.

Beer selection is very good. We got the Primanti sandwiches and actually I was a bit disappointed in them. I ate half of a "classic" and half of a capricola and I'd recommend the second of the two. Another in my party had the sliced beef - which he likened to horse meat.

It must be easy to get seats here - but I really never travel and just show up for tickets. I like to know in advance that I have good seats. Doing it this way in that park means you'll pay more than necessary.

Overall - very nice park in a great location with a nice view of the city/skyline and bridges. We recommend to others and go back.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Nice park, great food and the Pirates won!! We sat on the first base line in $40 seats, and it was a good choice. Fun time for us as well as families around us.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Simply the best ballpark I've ever seen.

But it's not just the park. The staff are unbelievably helpful and friendly. The food choices were plentiful, and delicious. Everything about this place is fan friendly. Every single staff member we came into contact with, truly, made us feel like our game experience was the most important thing to them. A young kid at the front gate gave us a program and had us laughing in two minutes. An usher cleaned our seats, smiled, and offered us anything to make the game better. A beer vendor absolutely had us in stitches. Security personnel made us feel safe AND welcome. A T shirt vendor was genuinely just a friendly kid.

As Braves fans (though I'm truly a White Sox fan in a Braves shirt) we were blown away by PNC. it is the perfect blend of sights, smells, and coziness. Seeing the skyline and bridges from home plate are breathtaking.

I've been to Wrigley, both Comiskey's, Atlanta Fulton-County, and Turner Field. None of them can compare. EVERY ballpark could learn something from this place.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Went to a Pirates game, on April 13. The park is clean, in a good location and very scenic when your looking out of the park from the upper sections. They had fireworks that night and the view was excellent! Definitely want to go back!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

the people and the game was great and an excellent ball park, very clean and lot's to eat and excellent weather