“Football game”

Private Pittsburgh City Tour
Ranked #6 of 161 things to do in Pittsburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Home of the Pittsburgh Steelers, this horseshoe-shaped stadium opened in 2001, and offers spectacular views of the city and riverfront.
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Football game”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Our visit began with the trip through the security gates which was handled very efficiently. Being prepared with the do's and don'ts helps a lot. Our trip to the Club level was an easy entrance and exit. The staff was courteous in checking our tickets. There were various choices to pick from as to the type of food. The pizza was good, the chicken was tasty and the beef sandwich was also a good choice. The small fries was shared by all, and just enough to satisfy and not to waste. Food was a bit expensive, but then as long as it was good we did not mind paying for it.

Moorhead, Minnesota
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Beautiful Stadium”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I've now been to 2 Steeler games at Heinz Field and I just love the place! The first game we went to (a few years ago), we parked at Station Square and took the ferry. That was epic! The stadium is just made to admire from the river! This time, we stayed at a hotel within walking distance and that was so much fun! There are so many fans to chat with along the way and it really gets your energy going. If you are going to a game, I recommend getting there an hour before the gates open and enjoy the atmosphere! When the gates opened, we went though the great hall and took our time looking at the exhibits, enjoyed the live band and had lunch.

Its funny reading the one star reviews. I live in a town in Minnesota that would barely fill half of Heinz Field and I have never been confused or lost about where to go. It is well laid out, security is very helpful, and getting in and out of the place with over 50 thousand other people is quite easy!

Florida
119 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“Pittsburgh Steelers home field. What else is there to say”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Located in downtown Pittsburgh it is an easy ride on the local Trolley from the South Hills. Be aware that on game day, the trolleys are packed with fans and there is standing room only. Next to the stadium is the casino for those of you not lucky enough to get tickets. Winter games are cold with the breeze coming off the river so make sure you dress warmly.

Las Vegas
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Go Lions! We Lost But Great Fans, Great Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

We go to an away game every year for the Detroit Lions. I love outdoor stadiums because you get so much of the elements and we did at this game. It poured rained like crazy and I loved it even though my beloved Lions lost. It's one of the best fields that we've been to in this ten year tradition we have. The fans are awesome and I joked with them that I wish they'd quit crying about one bad season so I could dry off, we've had 60! You also have to understand that jousting in good jest is always accepted at every stadium. Being a jerk isn't so as long as you can joke in fun and take it when your team is losing then you'll be cool anywhere except Oakland, Philly, and Cleveland. I also always wear a tshirt under my Lions jersey of the team that the Lions' opponent is playing the following week. That way, if it becomes a blowout I can take my Lions gear off and root for whoever is beating my Lions to beat them the following week. Fans love it and we have a lot of fun with it. I also didn't notice anyone smoking and so make it a point to see a game here! It's a great place.

Seattle, Washington
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Steelers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

When in Pittsburgh be sure to go to a Steeler game at Heinz Field. Start the day at a tailgate party then walk to the game. All seats are good for viewing the game , and the stadium is always alive with excitement. The food is good and the views of the city and the three rivers spectacular. Of course you get to root for the only NFL team with 6 Super Bowl victories!

Visited September 2013