“A Crabby Good Time”

Cuisines: Seafood
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A Crabby Good Time”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

This is a family friendly restaurant that is great for the kids. I recommend sitting outside on their patio. It is the closest you will get to feeling like you are at the beach in Robinson. The service was outstanding because all of the wait staff are very friendly and ready to please! I have been trying to drag my husband here for years and he finally realizes what he was missing. I had two frozen Hurricanes which were probably the best drinks I have had since my honeymoon at a Five Star resort. Their are so many seafood options that it is hard to decide what to order. If you love crab legs this is the place for you. My husband and I both opted for fried platters rather than the messy buckets because of having the baby with us. Both were huge servings and really tasty. If you sign up for their club you will receive a coupon for a free appetizer. I also have been getting several other coupons in my e-mail. The only negative and is a big negative for some is the pricing. Seafood is not cheap. I think the prices are pretty comparable to Red Lobster but the atmosphere is so much more fun! Their is also a location in Station Square which might be the better option for a special occasion.

• Visited June 2014

“Good flavor just ok service”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

First trip to Joe's. The food was good. Slightly pricey. Food came out quickly. Service was not the best. I loved my coconut shrimp but hated the dipping sauce. My husband said his crab legs tasted good but were slightly over cooked. Son's fish and shrimp was very good. We would go back but hopefully get a different server.

Jane Lew, West Virginia
“Not bad”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

If I could have rated this restaurant 3.5, I would have. I went with the four stars because I think it deserves more than three. I got the Artic Bay Steampot. I was really looking forward to lobster, only the third whole lobster that I have eaten in my 65 years. The lobster was not bad, but of the three that I have had in my lifetime, this one came in third. The best was the first one I ever had, quite a few years ago at a restaurant on Cape Cod. Second best was one my cousin cooked a few years ago at home. The Joe's Crab lobster was a little smaller than the others, and it was not as tender. Still, with the lobster dunked in the little bowl of real melted butter they provided, I enjoyed it a lot. The crab and smoked sausage were not bad either, but nothing to write home about.

My wife had the East Coast Platter, which she also enjoyed.

I wish I could remember the name of our waitress. She was friendly and good at what she does. My wife and I felt well cared for.

Bottom line, I would likely go here again.

• Visited October 2013
“Food is bad”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Shrimp is mushy. Crab legs overcooked & dried out. Corn on the cob was the same. Sausage casings tough. I won't visit this Joe's again. I'll stick with Station Square.

Waterloo
“What a great place to dine!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The atmosphere and the food at Joe's Crab Shack is out of this world! We highly recommend the crab and lobster! It is a great place with a fun environment, love the music and gift shop.

• Visited May 2013