“What a great place to dine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #908 of 2,151 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Waterloo
“What a great place to dine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The atmosphere and the food at Joe's Crab Shack is out of this world! We highly recommend the crab and lobster! It is a great place with a fun environment, love the music and gift shop.

• Visited May 2013

Endicott, New York
“Doesn't look like the pitcher”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Don't have a Joe's in Binghamton. So seeing all the TV commercials I had to go to one . While in Pittsburg I had my chance .
I got the corona steam pot . With 2 lobsters , Shrimp, clams . 43.00 (they have the same pot for 41.00 with out them pouring a corona over it) ( save 2.50 , Order with the corona and when they bring it, tell them your going to drink it . Buying a corona costs 4.50) see what I mean .
We'll not here to save money . Clams aren't little necks like the pitcher . They're tiny little , not little necks clams . Can't hardly taste . Shrimp aren't large like on the pitcher , maybe medium and 7 of them . Then at last 2 small (small) I mean small Lobsters over cooked . Tough. Wasn't worth it at all . They cheaped out from the pitcher, like we weren't going to know . We'll sorry .
The inside , waitress , people very nice . Quality they had a problem with . I just wanted the pitcher .

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank awandrews
Las Vegas, Nevada
“As a seafood lover, it KILLS me to write this!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I am going to copy and paste my exact email to corporate, as well as the manager of this location (to which neither have been replied yet either)...

To whom it may concern:

Yesterday (Friday, June 21) my boyfriend & I came in for a late lunch (between 1:30 and 2:00). We were seated promptly by a hostess who seemed she'd rather be anywhere else in the world. We then were greeted promptly by our server, Lesley. She was very nice and told us about your new items and drinks. We started with the Crab Nachos, they were very delicious and just the right size for 2 to share. For our entree we decided to share the Corona Beach Bake. Before it arrived Lesley offered to show us how to use all the crackers and what not (we declined since we knew how). She kept our drinks full & was great at pre-bussing. When our corona beach bake arrived we were both ready to dive in! It didn't appear quite as it does on TV, but I figured what ever does? I promptly went for the clams. First one wasn't open, I figured hey it happens. Second one I reached for, again not open. So I went onto the shrimp. The first one was great, cooked perfectly. I then opened one of the two lobsters. As soon as I cracked it I recognized the tomalley. I was disgusted. I wrongly assumed since Lesley didn't ask if we wanted them steamed and cleaned, they would come that way. My boyfriend look like he was about to throw up, I explained to him what it was and he said is mine like that? He then cracked into his and of course it was. He ate the claws and moved on. I went back to the clams. He asked why I wasn't eating the closed ones and I explained why. He said if so many aren't edible why are they on our plate? So when Lesley came back I said "The closed clams aren't edible, right?" She responded "Oh, no! Don't eat the closed ones!" So, in total THREE of our clams were open. Ten, MINIMUM, were inedible. I understand one or two don't open, but plating a minimum of 13 clams, when only three have opened is absurd. For a $45 dollar meal, only three should be closed. So I went back to my lobster. I was still utterly disgusted by the Tomalley and when Lesley came back I asked why they were served this way? Should I have asked for them cleaned? Why wasn't I asked my preference? She told us Joes Crab Shack quit offering to clean lobster about 2 weeks ago. Is this a corporate thing, regional thing or just a waitress mess up covering herself or covering a cook? At any rate, it was gross. I told Lesley I didn't like Tomalley but was offered nothing else but "Next time you come back you can ask for it to be cleaned. Of course if we're not busy, well do it." For a $45 dollar plate, it should come how I want to eat it, no matter how slow or busy you are. We were then offered dessert, and declined, and went on our way. As we left your same hostess again couldn't be bothered, hardly offered us a glance as we left. I told her "Have a good day!" To which she said "You too". I have worked in multiply restaurants as a hostess, waitress and trainer, this left a bad taste in my mouth. The only good thing about this visit was the Crab Nachos and our waitress. Everything else was dissatisfying. We won't be back to this location nor any Joes. The Tomalley is enough to make me take my money else where.

Paula

Tenerife
“First timers and we'll be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for something different in the area near the Pittsburgh Airport where we had arrived from the previous evening. I spotted Joe's Crab Shack on Trip Advisor and since my 9 year old had always wanted to try lobster I thought this looked like a good place. We went for lunch and were happy to get outdoor seating on the patio which had a nice variety of music playing, and to our surprise, a play area for the kids. We were waited on by a very friendly server and our drinks arrived quickly. We ordered two steam pots of crab legs and lobster which also included shrimp, sausages, potatoes and the best corn on the cob we've ever tasted. We've had crab legs in Alaska and lobster in New England and these were just as good. Great place to take the family. We will be going back in a few weeks.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will not be back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I write this review as I still sit in the booth. The crab tasted old and the service was sub par at best (actually sub par would have been between service). Think this will be my last visit here. Time to cook my own crab legs.