“Glass Making Class”

Pittsburgh Glass Center Studios
Ranked #78 of 185 things to do in Pittsburgh
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We attended an introductory glass blowing class which included drinks (wine & beer) and cheese. There was also live music. This was a great evening out and afforded the opportunity to do something that I've wanted to do for years.

2  Thank J348

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Took 36 people here this weekend, 26 Girl Scouts and 10 adults. 4 people made the garden floats in the hot room and the rest made fused glass frames. I thought the prices were high. The floats costs $35 each and took 10 minutes to make. The frames were $25 and really fun. The girls also got to go upstairs and watch others blow hot glass. I wish there would have been more on display for the girls to see. And also a few small items they could afford to purchase for a gift or reminder of the trip.

The helpers in the frame area were great. We had to leave the frames to be heated and fused and for the floats to cool but I can't wait to see the finished product. The staff was great with our big group that ranged from 6 to 47. Some people went into detail on their frames and some just a little but it was a good experience. Didn't take a long time and we could have spent more time there. There was a tour offered for an additional $5 per person for groups but not sure what else they could have showed us.

I'd like to take my girls back again for another project.

2  Thank HOSKI
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This weekend we spent 2 hours taking a class in making marbles. The instructor, Melissa, took the time to help us rookies with the basics while helping a more advanced student with more advanced techniques. The class was very interesting.

2  Thank bill0925