“Authentic Korean” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Rochester, New York
“Authentic Korean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014

Excellent service and delicious food at reasonable prices. Bibimbop and Galbi were excellent--and the waiter let us open our own champagne for a fee of $5. (They do serve alcohol).

Visited August 2014

Cincinnati
“Awesome Korean Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

This is a very contemporary Korean restaurant, but where you can get all of your favorite Korean dishes. The service is great and everyone is friendly. The decor is very modern and up to date. Give this place a try.

Montgomery County, PA
“Nice Squirrel Hill restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Korean food in Squirrel Hill. That doesn't sound right but the Green Pepper is there and apparently doing nicely.

We attended a late afternoon movie at the Manor Theater and wanted a light dinner. We had walked past the Green Pepper and read reviews but never ate here. We decided to give it a try following our show. The show and the Green Pepper were both good. We batted 1000 on Friday!

I have had some Korean foods in other restaurants and in Korean delis in other cities but never a full meal.

We both ordered entrees. These were preceded by a selection of "sides to share" and soup. All were very good. Portions of the sides and soup were small bt sufficient for two . . . we were offered more sides by the servers. Our initial serving was adequate for two particularly when we saw and ate the entrees which were quite generous.

I had a entree that was served in a heated bowl that kept the food very hot . . . it included rice, noodles, vegetables, beef and a fried egg . . . something of an all in one dish. I liked it but I don't recall its name (they have a vegetarian version, too).
My friend had a very good sliced beef dish with vegetables and rice. Her Barbecued beef was excellent and the other elements were tasty, too.
We enjoyed the restaurant and liked our meals. I can't really compare because I haven't eaten a Korean meal before.
I suppose my best comment is that I will return o this Squirrel Hill restaurant.

Visited July 2014
Wexford
“Great food, bizarre service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Before I say anything else, we had a great time here.
The venue is split in two: one side wooden tables with wooden chairs set up like a store front restaurant which is used mostly for walk ins who don't have a reservation. The other side (where we were) is more formal but quite inviting and two of the 10ish tables have a sofa, which I find difficult to eat from but some like it. This is the room they use for later night karaoke.
The host desk is at the back of the less formal side of the restaurant which is a bit awkward for the diners there if there is a line because it would run between tables. Our reservation was honored right on time.
There is a wine and beer list but we elected to bring our own for a reasonable corkage fee.
We ordered several entrees and each one was delicious and nicely presented. I saw meals at other tables that I would love to try (and will) next time. The BBQ short ribs were outstanding.
The service was hysterical. None of the wait staff had any clue what the others were doing, we learned early not to interrupt our main waiter because he was incapable of refocusing after a question. We asked a question about something on the menu and he had to go into the kitchen to get an answer (fine) but neglected to come back and tell us. Our soup was dropped on the floor, splashing on to our clothes and after some time we had to ask for someone to clean it up. We then, to their great surprise, had to ask for replacements for what they'd dropped.
The tables are glass and no one seemed to think it wrong to spray Windex on adjacent tables to clean them, allowing the mist to drift into our food. Every time. They also didn't think it uncomfortable to wheel the bus cart right up to our table, full of dirty dishes, glasses and silverware to bus the table next to us. We found this especially weird since there was no table on the other side.
So, we had a great time because the "service" was a show in itself and the food was absolutely outstanding. Dinner and tip (BYOB) was $60 per couple which is very reasonable. I will definitely go back for the entertainment if nothing else.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pittsburgh
“Korean at Its Finest!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

For a city that always disappoints when it comes to Asian food, I have to say that its Korean population is doing it proud! I ordered the Dok Bok Ki (spelled differently on the menu) as my entre, even though it was listed as an appetizer, and the Kim Chi pancakes, also listed as an appetizer on the menu. When they came, I felt fortunate that I hadn't ordered more because the size of the portions were more for several people, even though the menu mentioned "for two or three"! When I see two or three on the appetizer section, it helps me figure that I can use it as an entree. Not here! The portions were really large! My companion ordered the vegetarian Bi Bim Bap, which came sizzling in a stone bowl with an array of paan chaan. The size of the portions was so great, we could have served three or even four people with what we ordered! The quality of the food, however, is what impressed me most! Excellent for each dish we ordered, but when I brought back the NukChi BiBim Bap ( octopus BI Bim Bap) to my boyfriend, who had lived in Korea a few years, he tasted his, and my doggie bag saying it might not be traditional, but it was damn good! We WILL back!

• Visited October 2013