“Mother's Day Dinner”

Vallozzi's Pittsburgh Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Vallozzi's Pittsburgh Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 2,178 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Benwood
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mother's Day Dinner”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I must write to tell you the food was excellant. The decor very nice and relaxing. We had to wait extra long to ask ther waiter to bring boxs for left overs. I did not think he was ever going to ask if we would like anything else. A nice gentleman that was clearing up got us more water and brought a desert menu to us. And then we waited and waited on the waiter to take our order for the desert and bring coffee. We decide to have more coffe and had to wait again! just to get more cream. Then wen I was home in WV I warmed up my left overs and was enjoying it when I found a piece of fine steel curles up in it. It looked like a piece of scrubbing material. Will we return t\in the future probably not. My daughter was treating me for Mother's Day and I will not hesitate to tell her I do not wish to eat in your restraunt again - due mostly to the bad sedrvice. However, my compliments to the chef.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Penny H

Pennsylvania
“Excellent Group Lunch Experience!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Thirteen members of our office staff had a wonderful lunch at Vallozzi's on Fifth Avenue! No one was disappointed with their food. I had the parma salad, which was fresh, light and not a bitter green in the bowl! Bread was fresh and tasty. The most delicious gnocchi carbonara was next! Filling and flavorful, even with the fried egg on top (which I admit, I was skeptical about, but it was delicious!) Follow this up with what had to be the best bread pudding with caramel sauce I've ever had! Great experience with great service! Will return for lunch again (just maybe not during the work day, as it has been a struggle to stay awake with such a full tummy!!) Just delicious!

pittsburgh
“Finally, a 'fine' dining experience in Pittsburgh.”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Vallozzi's was a true fine dining experience. If this is the direction that dining is taking in Pittsburgh then I say "it's about time". From the Mozzarella Bar to beverages, menu to staff, my experience was exceptional. If you are bored with the status quo of most, not all Pittsburgh restaurants, then treat yourself to an evening at this exciting eatery. I will certainly be singing the praises of Vallozzi's in downtown Pittsburgh.

Clarksburg, West Virginia
“Excellent!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great location...food was PERFECT! The Chilean Sea Bass with Butternut Squash Risotto was absolutely wonderful. We had a party of 10 people and each one had something different. EVERYTHING was delicious. The homemade Buffalo Mozzarella Bar is perfection. We loved everything.

1 Thank dmgckb
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Get the Bread Pudding!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

All I can say is FABULOUS! The service was great and the food was to "die to for". The seafood risotto was amazing. Large portions of scallops, shrimp and lobster. Make sure you save room for dessert because the Bread Pudding was the best ever. Great dining experience. Highly recommend! If you are heading to Pittsburgh, make sure you get reservations at Vallozzi's Pittsburgh.

Visited April 2013