“Delicious Gluten-Free Options!”

Ranked #324 of 2,210 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The food at Eden is absolutely delicious. I would describe the gluten-free options as being something that gluten-eating individuals would order too, just being the dishes are so good.

The ambiance is more like a 3 or a 4, cute place, but nothing special, but the food is what I care about in this case and it's definitely a 5.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The only reason this sweet little brunch spot gets a four out of five from me is because their staff, while incredibly nice, never really seems to have it together in terms of who has seated/taken care of whom and/or communicating with potential customers if/when there might be a wait for seating (luckily, Shadyside is a great neighborhood to wonder around in if you've got a bit of time to kill). That said, the atmosphere is darling and the menu is one of the more fresh and innovative you'll find in Pittsburgh. The last time I went was with a group of five and we tried to order as large a variety as possible to really put the menu to the test and the whole group was beyond satisfied. Definitely worth the stop if you're in the market for scrumptious (and healthy) brunch.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Traveling can make eating healthy a challenge and my 18 year old son and I were thrilled to find this restaurant. Everything was super fresh innovative and delicious. A great find!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Let me start by saying I'm not vegetarian and I was skeptical about the whole "Raw" concept. The menu is split between raw and not. You can order a tasting of the raw menu for $15 where you try 3 of the 4 starters, 3 of the 4 starters and all 3 desserts, which is what I did. The starters were average. The acorn squash soup tasted like I was eating pureed pickled ginger. The cashew cheese tasted like EZ-Cheese, but not necessarily in a bad way - I'd rather have any type of real cheese though. The coconut noodles were fine, but again I tasted ginger.

The mains were better. I would eat all three again without hesitation. My only complaint was that 2 (portobello steak and the fennel/shiitake/asparagus stew) lacked salt.

The desserts were decent. The avocado ice cream cake was my least favorite. I tasted a lot of ginger in this dish again. I actually like ginger, so don't get me wrong, this was just all I tasted again. The chocolate pecan pie was decent. Very dense, maybe a bit boring. If I got a whole piece instead of the sampler, I would have had trouble finishing. The Lavender Almond Cake was very good. The lavender was not too strong, just coming on towards the end of each bite. The lemon cream and mango puree added a nice acid to cut the sweetness.

The decor was nothing special. The place itself is small, but service was very good - very friendly, helpful, attentive.

My wife and two other diners ordered smoothies, which two were enjoyed and one was not. The green juice (the one not enjoyed) was room temp, if not slightly warmer, and only tasted of celery. The rockstar was supposedly delicious and my wife ordered the psychadelic garden, which I don't see listed. I tried it and thought it was good enough to finish a glass.

It is BYOB. I think corkage is $2.

I would go back, but most likely not for the winter menu. The price was good, but it's not worth going out of the way for (as I'm not a vegetarian or vegan). I would go back to try a new menu, which it seems they change seasonally.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

By far the best vegetarian raw restaurant I have ever been to. We took our friends, and being meat eaters we were a little concerned how they would enjoy the food. It was a big hit all around. Not only is the food delicious, but the presentation is absolutely beautiful. The service is warm and friendly.

1  Thank Steve K