“Just OK.”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We stopped here for dinner late on a Friday night after having driven into town from a southern state. The service was slow and the "special" I ordered was bland. Noise seems to be trapped in the dining room which made it extremely difficult to talk and hear folks at the same table. This seems to be a downtown bar that caters to a younger crowd looking for a filling meal after a night of drinking on the town. I wouldn't recommend it for families or for out-of-town travelers.

There are newer reviews for Diamond Market Bar & Grill

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Late on Saturday evening we found ourselves in the Market Square in Pittsburgh -- mostly chain restaurants. We walked by the Diamond Market Bar & Grill -- I glanced inside and everyone seemed to be enjoying their dinner. We walked in -- it was busy -- it was alive -- TVs with all the NCAA games, etc. We had no idea what to expect and it was one of the best meals we have ever had and we've travelled all over the world. The staff was great, the food was absolutely the best and we decided another trip to Pittsburgh was in order just to go back to the Diamond Market Bar & Grill. I must say that I'm a southern girl and love liver and onions, and any time I see it on a menu I have to order it. It was the best I've ever had -- served with the most delicious mashed potatoes and gravy. I would pay $'s for a copy of their recipe. Don't miss out on this place if you are in Pittsburgh.

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I don't pass out 5 star reviews that easily, but these guys definitely earned it!!

Went here with visiting relatives, and from the second we walked in the door the staff was friendly, professional, and accommodating. We had questions concerning the beer selection, and out waiter went out of his way to provide us with concise information. Their beer selection isn't the same old tired beers you can get anywhere, but if tired, tried, and true is your thing ..... They got it!

The appetizers were freaking awesome!! The bruschetta and the grilled cheese appetizers were at least.

I can't attest for the taste of everyone's meal but from the looks and sounds of it, everyone's fare was just as awesome as the turkey burger. Replace the fries with their freshly made coleslaw and you have just a wonderful meal!!

Market Square is not the Market Square of yesteryear. It's new face is refreshing, and places like the Diamond Market make it a place I will definitely frequent on. Regular basis. They've officially just entered my Fab Five in Pittsburgh.

Do yourself a favor ..... Check this place out. You won't be disappointed!!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Our family went downtown to see the sites the weekend before Christmas and since it was so warm the ice skating rink was closed. We walked around the shops at Market Square and looked for somewhere to eat. We walked into the Diamond Market Bar and Grill and our party of eight was immediately seated at 4;30, The Steelers game was on and it was quite cozy. Service was excellent and we all got different dishes and everyone was happy with the wide variety if diner comfort food! Price are the best value you can find downtown. I had a Cobb salad that was huge and had tons of chicken and avocado. Drinks are available as well and there is a small bar. The decor is great with pictures of old Pittsburgh all around and the ability to see the twinkling lights outside. By the time we left the restaurant was packed and everyone was smiling!

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We recently had a pre-show dinner at Diamond Market, and were pleasantly surprised with everything. Getting a reservation on a Friday night before shows is critical, and we were pleased that they accepted our table for 4. The beer list is extensive, and so is the food. From fish sliders to the eggplant stack everything was deliciuos and reasonably priced. Service was attentive, and we finished in plenty of time without being rushed or waiting.