“A wonderful impromptu dinner spot.”

Diamond Market Bar & Grill
Ranked #132 of 2,222 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I visited Pittsburgh on a Sunday evening and was disappointed to find many of the downtown restaurants to be closed. We stumbled across Diamond Market Bar & Grill and were pleased to find a reasonably priced menu with sports bar entries like burgers and a nice selection of craft beers. I had the lamb sliders which were a fun twist on a gyro and quite good. The fresh cut fries were also very good. Looking at the tables around us, each entree that came out of the kitchen was well presented and all the diners looked happy with their choices.

We really liked the atmosphere as it was loud enough you couldn't hear the table beside you but not so loud as you couldn't hear your dining partner. They played current alternative music and had football on a handful of tvs placed around the dining area. Most of the diners were mid 20's and 30's, but we also saw some families with young children and older diners as well.

This is a great, casual dinner spot for a couple or a group! I would definitely visit again.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Arrived for late lunch and restaurant nearly empty but service slow. Had pierogies which were very good. My friend's seafood chow alright. Banana bread pudding not worth it. Overall just ok.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Traveling on business I'm always looking for a relaxed, non-pretentious place to eat, but with decent food. Well, this fit the bill. Had a fantastic burger at the bar, service was great, and atmosphere was good as well. It felt like a neighborhood bar I had been going to for years. Oh, and the cole slaw was off the hook!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I am giving this establishment an average score because the food was ok but the restaurant itself was above average. Great location and friendly staff. Neat and clean. I ordered grilled chicken wings. I am a wing girl and grilled wings on the appetizer menu sounded different and great. They were really not good. Not crispy and very under seasoned. The "half pound" burger was a joke. No WAY that was a half pound before cooking.....Also ordered pink (you can order pink or not pink only) and the thin burger came out well. Maybe if the burger came out as I ordered, I would give it a higher score. The toppings were great but just not as advertised. If you're in the Market Square district of the Burgh, try another place....there are several choices, all in a one square area.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We were in town for a Steeler game and the downtown was buzzing. We gave our name and the staff was friendly during our short wait. Eventually we were served a nice dinner. I would return whenever in Pittsburgh.