“Very Good Place in Market Square”

Diamond Market Bar & Grill
Ranked #127 of 2,210 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Our first time at this establishment and more times will come. Eddy, our server was great. Very attentive and personable. On our next visit we will request his area.

Started with an Apple milkshake made with Makers Mark and other ingrdiants, great! They serve you the metal container plus the milk shake glass insuring you get all the drink.

Food was hot and very good, I had the fish sandwich with onion rings, with a small cole slaw. Portion more than enough, slaw very good but be aware it had red peppers in it. Fish great, large and crispy, again a warning for others, the bun had a mixture of peppers and tarter sauce. Not something you'd expect, but I liked it. Onion rings unreal, large and very crispy, with a vinegar type sauce randomly applied. Unusual but we really enjoyed it. Best onion rings we've had in Pittsburgh! Wife had the pulled pork, she said excellant. Our friends, one had meatloaf and cleaned his plate, the other grilled chicken with sweet potatoe fries, again fries prepared a little differently but excellant.

Like I said we will be returning. This place is a nice fit for the Market square district. Lot of TVs well positioned to watch the Pirates or Steelers. Not very quiet but you can have conversation in a fun atmosphere at very resonable prices. Good selection of beers tap and bottle. Highly reccomend the alcoholic milk shakes, only trouble is they are very filling. Maybe that was why I could not finish all my onion rings.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I've eaten here half a dozen times or so, and have landed on my standard order of the Steakhouse burger, pink (other option is not pink) along with a couple of their rotating micro brews. They're also known for their barbeque, be it pork, chicken, or beef (although the beef brisket sandwich my friend had was pulled, not sliced; now dare they!)

Things have definitely started picking up there. This past week I timed my arrival close to game time so I'd miss those who were pre-gaming before the Pirates, but found that the place was packed and I got one of two remaining tables on a weeknight.

The beer list does a good job of rotating, with 6-8 items on their "specials" list and another dozen+ solid beers on tap at all times, plus bottles, etc.

I get much better service when sitting at the bar then at a table, but I find that most places.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

The valet at our hotel recommended this place. It was in walking distance and we were tired of driving. The food was great, service was great. Great (that word again) food, everyone enjoyed their meal.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

We were in Pittsburgh to see a Pirates game and stopped in the Diamond Market Bar & Grill as we walked through Market Square on the way to PNC Park. It was just what we wanted: local, interesting and inexpensive with regional flavors. Just as important, the waitress understood our hurry to get to the ballpark and expedited our orders. The pulled pork sandwich I selected was tast and large. The atmosphere was fun. What more could we want?

Reviewed July 23, 2012

My wife and I stopped in for dinner on a week night. Initially, we weren't impressed as the menu seemed limited and nothing really stood out. And then we got great service, the meals were really good - Burger for me and salad for her. And then we realized what a great, casual experience we had. Right in Market Square, it's a convenient location for both of us compared to where we work, and it's one of those places you just want to go to before heading to a downtown event or simply want to relax after a day's work. We'll be back.