“Excellent hotel for the value”

Comfort Inn - Pittsburgh / Steubenville Pike
Ranked #53 of 70 Hotels in Pittsburgh
WV
“Excellent hotel for the value”
Reviewed February 21, 2010

I am amazed that some folks had bad experiences with this hotel. I stayed here so that I could be close to the Pittsburgh airport for an early morning flight. The hotel staff were very friendly and very helpful. Snowed soon after I arrived so that instead of going out to dinner, I ordered over the phone. The hotel staff suggested a local restaurant that would deliver, and even recommended dinner items. The room was clean and comfortable, quiet, and had a good internet connection was which necessary since I was here on business. The breakfast which came with the room was excellent and more than met my needs (yogurt, bagels, fruit).

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Turkish first
Illinois
Reviewed September 28, 2009

I booked this hotel because the pictures made it look nice. I'm very picky on hotel beds and cleanliness, but this hotel seem to meet my expectations. WRONG!
First off I didn't know the G20 Summit was being held the week we were going to be in town. The rates for Wed night (our last night, and the night the world leaders started to arrive) DOUBLED in price. I needed to extend the trip for the extra night, but the room was booked, so we were going to have to change rooms Wednesday morning.

Our first room was smelly, dingy and dark. The view from our window was DIRT! It was a huge mountain that came within a foot of our window. So NO VIEW. The smell was terrible so we kept spraying our own spray to mask the smell. We were told there were no other rooms for us to go too so we were stuck with this smelly room. This hotel has no pool, which we knew going into. Also.... there was no guest access computer available.. which we really could have used for booking shows etc. HOWEVER, Wednesday when the hotel was getting guests in for the G20 Summit, all of a sudden they install a generic computer station for guest to use! Nice to know that regular guest don't mean anything but financial reporters do!

Our second room was better. After a long process of the man at the desk checking us out and re checking us in, we were given our new room with the rate being double. The room smelled so much better and had a whirlpool in it, with a flat screen tv. It was a nice upgrade from the generic tv we had in the other room.

I checked my email from my PDA to find that a "Membership Package" was being sent to my home address for a program with the hotel that I was never asked to sign up for. I thought I was a victim of credit card theft and was freaking out. I called the 1-800 number only to find out that the hotel staff took it upon themselves to sign me up for this rewards program using ALL of my infomation including my email address which I only gave to receive the reservation confirmation. I was FURIOUS!!! And will never ever stay here again!!! This hotel has ruined the hotel chain name for me.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We've stayed here twice. The first was in 2008. It looked then like they had made some improvements. They were re-tiling the floor in the main foyer and the elevator. We had a small room - and the decor wasn't great, BUT it was clean and comfortable. It was definitely quiet. The halls smell like cigarettes though. The price was really good though - and that's why we decided to stay here again in 2009.

This last time we stayed in a larger room w/ jacuzzi tub. The room was a lot bigger, but the decor was "eh" and the bed wasn't very comfortable. The halls again smelled like cigarettes, and some of the workers themselves smelled really bad. The complimentary breakfast wasn't great.

We probably wouldn't stay here again after this last experience. But if you're looking for a lower-cost option, and don't plan to stay in the hotel all day long you should be fine.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed July 20, 2009

I can usually tolerate quite a bit and most times I can overlook things, however I do not recommend staying here. There were stains on the sheets, the pillow cases were dirty like someone with greasy hair had just used them and the couch hide a bed was so atrocious, my sons friend slept on the disgusting floor. The view out our 1st floor window consisted of a dirt/rock hill about 40 feet high starting 5 feet from the window. Not even worth $50 let alone the $104 I was charged after taxes. Will never stay at any Comfort Inn again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank BillClinton2012
Pittsburgh
Reviewed June 18, 2009

I made a reservation directly with the hotel and the employee was great he matched the rate I found online for the king vip jacuzzi suite!! I was so excited about the room, but the excitement was short lived. This morning, i got a phone call from the manager stating the employee who booked my reservation made a mistake and should not have given me the price I confirmed my reservation with. I told the manager that I dfelt I should not be punished for his employees' error. the manager proceeded to tell me that when i arrived i would not have the room I reserved, he would put me in the medium sized jacuzzi room. I advised him that what he is doing is wrong and unacceptable in my mind-- I want the room I not only reserved but have a confirmation number for. He again advised me that i would not have that room for the price i was given. Apparently this hotel has 3 levels of jacuzzi rooms.... a small jacuzzi that I am told is very small for 1 person, but you could uncomfortably squeeze 2 people in it ( hello who wants a jacuzzi that is for 1 person but you could squeeze 2 people UNCOMFORTABLY) the 2nd level is a jacuzzi that is square and medium sized most small sized people could fit 2 in this one--- this isnt gonna work for me bc i am 6'0 & my husband is 6'8 ( which is why we chose the large jacuzzi) the 3rd level is a large jacuzzi where 2 people of any size could fit comfortably. We argued back and forth for an hour and he still would not do the right thing and let me have the room I reserved--- then he finally said he doesnt need people like me in his hotel and he stated he cancelled my reservation completly. I filed a complaint with customer relations and was told the hotelo manager has 72 hours to call me to resolve (WHICH IS A PROBLEM BC MY RESERVATION THAT I HAD WAS FOR LESS THAN 24 HOURS AWAY) This man does not do business the proper or ethical way, and his website doesnt state that the jacuzzi rooms are available in 3 catagories.... they all say the same thing ( spacious suite with a jacuzzi for 2 people to fit comfortably) this is false advertisment bc I had to call the hotel to make my reservation is when i was told about the 3 levels!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Robson, West Virginia
Reviewed March 23, 2008

We stayed on business here for a few days. Getting to the hotel wasn't too hard for me, but for most people, they would think it's not the best location for a hotel. The desk staff were very friendly, and they had an employee help me replace a flat tire that I had unfortunately gotten in their driveway. It was a very quiet place with a great hot breakfast, something you don't find in a hotel everyday. There wasn't a pool, but it was raining anyway. If you want to go out for dinner, you really have to know where you are going or you will get stuck in heavy traffic. There is a restaurant next door, but we didn't go there. Overall, I thought that our stay was excellent, and the free WiFi is another perk.

• Liked — Wifi and Hot Breakfast
  • Disliked — The Location
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vernal, Utah
Reviewed December 2, 2007

Located outside the Pittsburgh city limits, but still within easy driving distance to a Steelers game. The hotel staff was friendly and was able to accommodate our early check in.
The hotel was clean inside and out but the bedspread on one of the beds should have been changed or cleaned. The bathroom was roomy and we had sufficient towels and hot water.
Breakfast was more than a sweet roll and juice. The area around the hotel was beautiful and up the road about 4 miles is an area with a lot of shopping and eating establishments.
We would stay again without any reservations.

• Liked — the area was beautiful
  • Disliked — the bedspread needed to be cleaned
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family