“Much more than I expected....”

Comfort Inn - Pittsburgh / Steubenville Pike
Ranked #61 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I am from the Pittsburgh area and stayed at this hotel @7 years ago. Back then it was an "okay" hotel. Now, it is really great! The entire hotel has been revamped/redecorated. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were amazing. Sheets were clean smelling and the room was spotless. We were just there for one night (in town for a funeral), but everything was there, including micro/fridge, hair dryer and coffee maker. There was also a breakfast, but we didn't get to try it. We chose this hotel because it offered a smoking room (my husband is a smoker) and it was way better than most smoking rooms that we have stayed in. The only reason that I did not give this hotel 5 stars was because of it's location. It sits on the side of a hill and there is no view to speak of. You also have to make a U-turn to access the parking lot. However, if you want a great nights sleep in a clean room, stay here!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn - Pittsburgh / Steubenville Pike

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I received a much greater value than what I paid for. The hotel staff from the desk person, manager, lady in the breakfast room to the cleaning staff were all fantastic! Knew my name as I left for a meeting and welcomed me back as well. I will absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Great stay. I booked the Jacuzzi king room which was absolutely amazing. The room was spacious and clean. The Jacuzzi was also wonderful. My only complaint was people were coming in and out there rooms all night slamming doors but other than that I will be staying at this hotel again

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Meagan J
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed here on our way south. Great front desk staff who actually came up to the room when I was having a problem with the phone. Good suggestions for a place to go for supper. Room was large with a big sitting area and a somewhat separated sleep area. Has been recently renovated. Complete breakfast so you couldn't complain about not having something you would want. Will stay here again if I am in the area and it is time to get off the road.....

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BalancePoint
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This is a smaller, quieter Comfort Inn which was very much appreciated after a long drive from out of town. Out of the way, yet close to the city and nearby lots of shopping and restaurants. The hotel is clean. The air freshener was a little on the strong side in the hallways, but you can't smell it from inside the room. The room was clean and in good shape. No holes in the wall (as I've found in other CIs).. carpet clean, etc.The pillows were a bit lumpy (I usually bring my own but forgot).

I did have issues connecting to the internet but for me it wasn't a big deal. Typical breakfast in the morning, small area to sit. There is an entrance problem coming in from the west side, you do have to pass it up and then make a U-turn. But because of it's cleanliness and proximity to the city, I would recommend this for your next overnight trip to the west side of Pgh.

Room Tip: I had a room on the back side of the hotel. Stuebenville Rd is a busy road and I don't know if i...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank CherylRN13
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I read all of the reviews and apparently all of the bad ones were from awhile ago because the hotel was very modern and clean. The staff was amazing! We loved Dory the breakfast area lady she was very helpful with finding us things to do and made great eggs!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mpartyrent
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights. The hotel is clean and well maintained. The breakfast room was nice and the food choices were good. The room was very nice and clean. I had a non-smoking room. The only trouble I had was connecting to the wireless and even went down to the front desk to ask about it. I was able to use the computer in the lobby but it wasn't like being in my room. I think the internet wireless connection could be stronger to go through the entire hotel. As this was an inconvenience, I enjoyed reading the book I brought with me. It is a little bit of trouble entering the driveway of the hotel as you have to go up the street and then make a U-turn to enter the driveway, depending on which way you are coming from. It is a little far from downtown Pittsburgh but I didn't have any trouble getting back and forth. All in all it was a nice couple of days.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business