“Lively area - great vendors”

Pittsburgh Public Market in the Strip
Ranked #58 of 178 things to do in Pittsburgh
Waukesha, Wisconsin
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Lively area - great vendors”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I really didn't know what to expect for my trip to Pittsburgh. I pictured the city as dirty and tired and probably polluted. Wow - how wrong I was. This area (among so many others that I visited) is just beautiful and I had a wonderful lunch with my daughter and her family. I thoroughly enjoyed walking around this part of Pittsburgh.

Visited May 2013

Newtown, Pennsylvania
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Great market and attraction”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was in Pittsburg for a convention and a local took me here for lunch. We had a wonderful time walking around and checking out all of the ethnic shops. Permante Bros was excellent! You won't be hungry after that and you can't be the local culture.

Whitehall, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“A Nice Find!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I visited my daughter, who goes to Pitt this past weekend and she took me here on a Saturday. I wish we never ate lunch before we went to the public market. There are so many vendors, shops, and restaurants. Loved it! Next time...I'm going there on an empty stomach.

Visited March 2013
USA
210 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 138 helpful votes
“Wish it were Bigger!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Top off your visit to the Strip District with a stroll through the Public Market - housed in that L-O-N-G building along Smallman St. Taste the teas (and get some hyacinth!) make sure to check out the yummy cheese and the amazing oil and vinegar. Eat any kind of Greek or Lebanese food that's still available and try whatever the East End Brewery is sampling that day. If you're lucky, you can pet the greyhounds on the way out! (And make a donation - c'mon - look how beautiful they are!)

Lighthouse Point, Florida
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Local, quality, year round source of good food.”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Open Friday, Saturday, and Sunday year-round. Variety of venders selling locally sourced, frequently organic, foods such as: fresh vegetables (obviously varies with the season, but even in late February root vegetables are available), eggs, fresh and frozen meets. Today I saw beef, lamb, goat, elk, chicken, duck, and my favorite heritage pork.

Prepared food such as farm caned vegetables, jams, jellies, and pickles of many sorts. (Give the picked okra a try. I bought some today!) Also available are cheeses, bacon, sausages, confits, and pâtés. Other then the confits and pâtés, today all were available from at least two venders so you will find variety from which to chose.

Even craft beer from a local micro brewery sold.

A wonderful soup maker sells ready to eat and frozen soups, as well as frozen chicken and vegetable stock. The soup and stock are all made from scratch.

Crafts, coffee, and prepared ethnic food for take-a-way or onsite consumption is also available.